Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-21-2010, 01:59 PM   #1
ralsar
ralsar began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Overview for ePub files on the Nook

So I load my book up in Calibre and edit the meta-data with a nice cover, appropiate data and a book description like a good boy. Then I send it to my Nook which works flawlessly in Calibre... mostly....

The problem is my book description from the comments field of the meta-data doesn't get transfered to the Overview section of the book when it is on my Nook. I know I can have it send the meta-data as a seperate page for the book itself, but I would like it to look like the books I've purchased through B&N.

Anyone have a way to populate the overview section for a book on the Nook?

Other than that Calibre is an amazing and essential part of my new eReader life. And really this sounds like more of a Nook issue then a Calibre issue.
ralsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:51 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
First off: Welcome to the group.

Did you Convert your book after you added the Meta-data?
Convert, inserts stuff into the document, even if you convert from EPUB to EPUB.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2010, 03:15 PM   #3
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
I do not think it is possible right now to do what you want. I have also tried without sucsess.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:52 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
I agree with Madam Broshkina, that this probably isn't possible today. If anyone has an example of a 3rd party (not B&N) ebook on the Nook with a working overview, then this might allow the Calibre team to reverse engineer whatever is required to do this.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote