Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 12-17-2009, 08:47 AM   #91
Ret
Connoisseur
Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Is there a way to prevent the reader from doing autoaliasing to fonts? Whenever I read a book in RTF format, the fonts look crisper and clearer than the epub or LRF versions.
thanks!
Ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:14 PM   #92
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
I doubt it, but will have a look if you send me sample files.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2009, 05:55 PM   #93
Nocturno
Nocturno began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
thanks you kartu, exploring images by folder is one of the features I look forward the most..
Nocturno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:46 AM   #94
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

changelog
0.9b
!!! the project was renamed to PRSPlus !!!
+Five Balls game
+Addon Settings submenu
cBooks by Folder renamed to Browse Folders (in the future will support all media types)
+Configurable clock
+Configurable sorting in Browse Folders
+Configurable root internal memory in Browse Folders
+Configurable "menu captions" with 3 settings: sony default, always small, always big
cAddon root was moved to /database/system on inner memory, autorun.js renamed to PRSPlus.js, etc
+Introduced settings persistance mechanism, addon settings are (by default) saved into /database/system/PRSPlus-settings/ folder
+Users can override folders or any other setting in PRSPlus-user.config file, sample file is provided
cFirmware was modified, removed "unified headers" hack (as it is now configurable and done via "Menu Captions" addon), modified paths, added new icons
Old 12-18-2009, 06:55 AM   #95
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
Hello Kartu, as I can hardly wait for the release: is this a version that is easy to install, or is this still one of the "change this with that and then do this" versions described on the previous pages?

Thanks, I'm really looking forward ...
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2009, 07:19 AM   #96
kartu
PRS+ author

Mike, it is very likely that firmware will NOT change for a while, anyway not in release v1, only JS files will (those, stored in internal memory, means, when release comes, you don't reflash, but simply copy the files).

If you:
1) are satisfied with features current firmware provides and i.e. don't have to mix it with other hacks
2) have Sony PRS 505
3) have firmware version 1.1.00.18040, or don't mind changing to this firmware version

You can easily install it. Follow these steps:
0) Connect your reader to your PC/Mac
1) Copy "database" folder from the release archive to internal memory (you should get /database/system/PRSPlus.js file and /database/system/PRSPlus-addons folder)
2) Download and extract my version of igorsk's flasher http://prs-plus.googlecode.com/files/flasher-igorsk.zip (remove any existing before you do it) to your SD card
3) Copy new_opt.img from release archive to SD card root
4) Disconnect the reader

Igorsk's flasher interface should show up.

5) Press 4

It will take a couple of secs, then you should see the message that image file was successfully copied to /tmp

6) press 6

It will take a minute or so, and ebook will be flashed and then will reboot.

7) Now you have flashed ebook, you can remove igorsk's flasher.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want to replace default fonts, first follow the instructions above and flash the reader. Then copy your fonts to:

files.505.1.1.00.18040\opt\sony\ebook\FONT\

on SD card. Disconnect the reader from PC/Mac.

1) Press 5 to create a new image with your custom fonts
2) Press 6 to flash

That's it.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:40 AM   #97
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
I like very much! Thanks !!

But the Key Bindings option in Games & utilities menu does nothing. Its normal?

A question, You are planning to include different languages in the options? if its possible, I need Spanish and Catalan.
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:43 AM   #98
kartu
PRS+ author

surquizu
It's not ready yet, I've forgotten to hide it in this release, but it's completely harmless.

Still ponder on where to put it, in Utilities or somewher in Addon Settings.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:30 AM   #99
fifisailing
fifisailing began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Onyx Boox 60 (in future)
kartu
Did you think about localization of addons and utilities? Language files could be in a folder lang (or how do you like) and choosing of language in PRSPlus-user.config file. I think users could translate to many different languages. I can do Polish
fifisailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 09:38 AM   #100
cythraul
cythraul began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartu View Post
cythraul
Doable, but probably not in the first release.
At least there's hope! Thanks!
cythraul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 09:38 AM   #101
kartu
PRS+ author

fifisailing
Yes, I did (though a bit late). Even with choosing the language via interface. But that's in second half of January.

PS
By the way, Feature Requests wiki page is available:
http://code.google.com/p/prs-plus/wiki/FeatureRequests

as well as issues tab:
http://code.google.com/p/prs-plus/issues/list
Old 12-18-2009, 09:59 AM   #102
just_jeepin
Addict
just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Probably a stupid question but if I install PRSPlus will the Sony eBookLibrary app see my PRS as a different device (will I have to re-authorize my books for that device)?

Thanks!
just_jeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:01 AM   #103
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
One suggestion for a more coherent order, I think you can change the order of the menu. Put "collections" before "all bookmarks".

It's easy, in a "_BrowseFolders.js" file, just change the code:

// Rearranging root node, hiding Audio&Pictures related nodes, adding Browse Folders, swapping bookmarks and collections node
kbook.root.nodes = [nodes[0], nodes[1], nodes[2], nodes[3], booksByFolderNode, nodes[5], nodes[4], audioAndPicturesNode, gamesNode, nodes[9]];

with code:

// Rearranging root node, hiding Audio&Pictures related nodes, adding Browse Folders, swapping bookmarks and collections node
kbook.root.nodes = [nodes[0], nodes[1], nodes[2], nodes[3], booksByFolderNode, nodes[4], nodes[5], audioAndPicturesNode, gamesNode, nodes[9]];
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1.jpg
Views:	518
Size:	180.8 KB
ID:	41496  
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:47 AM   #104
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
Kartu, thanks for the guide. I found out, that the guide is also located in the project web page ;-)
I'll try out as soon as the family goes to bed and I have a bit more time.
Your pictures say they're outdated. Do you want me take some new ones if I get it to work?
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 02:34 PM   #105
kartu
PRS+ author

Mike_73
Quote:
Kartu, thanks for the guide. I found out, that the guide is also located in the project web page ;-)
Haha, it's a copy paste of the guide I've posted here.

Quote:
Your pictures say they're outdated. Do you want me take some new ones if I get it to work?
If that's not much work. It will become much easier with "screenshot" addon.

surquizu
It will break built-in "goto all bookmarks" functionality, as it looks for bookmarks to be at 6th position.
Besides, currently it's kinda in "alphabetic order" within groups".

just_jeepin
Quote:
Probably a stupid question but if I install PRSPlus will the Sony eBookLibrary app see my PRS as a different device (will I have to re-authorize my books for that device)?
Highly unlikely that you would. Anyway you would not have to do it, if you would not have to do it with previous modifications. (as this one is actually doing most of the changes in JS code, leaving most of the firmware intact)