Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-24-2008, 10:13 PM   #1
DrSiddons
A Seasoned User
DrSiddons began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 500
Move library to new PC

How does one move the Reader library from one PC to another?

Thanks in advance.
DrSiddons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:18 PM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Register the new PC with Sony as one of your 6 devices. Re-Download any purchased books. (De-authorise the old PC if you won't be using it again.)

Any books that you have got from elsewhere can be linked to the new version of Ebook Library in the same way as you did the first time round.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2008, 10:21 PM   #3
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Yeah, I haven't found a better method than just re-downloading all of your purchased books.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 07:34 PM   #4
sayhello
Addict
sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue!), PRS-650 (Black), iPad, iPod Touch
Bummer. I have hundreds of short stories in Word documents loaded to my Library. I'd really *hate* to have to re-load them all manually when I move to the new computer. Can I reload from my Reader without syncing?

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 07:43 PM   #5
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
You can import whole folders into the ebook library, as well as single files.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert