Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-30-2007, 12:07 PM   #1
shivster01
shivster01 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS 500
Smile Print to LRF

Hi All,
I was wondering if any has come across a "Print to LRF" app. Like the print to PDF printer (http://www.bullzip.com/products/pdf/info.php)

It'd be pretty cool if I can just print a document to LRF and save it to my Reader.

shivster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 12:34 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Welcome to MobileRead, shivster01!

There's an old Librié app floating about that does what you're talking about, and still works pretty well for the PRS line. I think it's hosted in the Yahoo Librié group.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2007, 12:36 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Here's a link to get you started: http://www.sven.de/librie/Librie/AddonSoftware
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 01:07 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Google this, there's someone that set this up for OS X using libprs500.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 02:45 PM   #5
StDo
Translating Calibre...
StDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with others

Device: [PRS-500], PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Google this, there's someone that set this up for OS X using libprs500.
Hi Kovid,
I googled, but could not find that thing you mentioned...

It looks like I need some help...
StDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2007, 02:48 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://www.statusq.org/archives/2007/02/27/1309/
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 04:10 PM   #7
shivster01

Thanks for the reposonse guys..
I will try both and will post my experiences...
Old 12-02-2007, 01:23 PM   #8
shivster01

couldn't make it work yet!!

couldn't get it working

I have tried the LIBRIe print app. It stops installing with this message
For installing Printer for LIBRIe, LIBRIe for Windows in the state of being
connectable with LIBRIe needs to be installed in PC.
After instaling LIBRIe for Windows in PC, Please check that connect
LIBRIe by USB and communication is possible.

Well, What I inferred from this message is that I need the LIBRIe software
installed and have a LIBRIe connected to my machine.
I tried to install the LIBRIe software, except the whole website was in Japanese and couldn't understand a thing.
I ended up installing and uninstalling the LIBRIe toolbar as the whole thing was in Japanese.

Now I am trying to figure out a way to use the script in the Windows Vista machine.

I hoped for a simpler way of getting this in place. But something is definately better that nothing.

kovid, I have recently installed LIBPRS500. I just loved the way it worked with the BBC and newsweek.
I have to learn how to customize it for WSJ and others.

Thanks for all the hardwork.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:08 PM   #9
soilwork
useR!
soilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2, Kobo Libra H2O, iRiver Story HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivster01 View Post
I have tried the LIBRIe print app. It stops installing with this message
For installing Printer for LIBRIe, LIBRIe for Windows in the state of being
connectable with LIBRIe needs to be installed in PC.
You can install 'printer for librie' without librie. I guess this link might be of help.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/arc...hp/t-7838.html
soilwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 12:39 AM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
One thing to note... LIBRIe LRF is not 100% compatible with LRF for the 500/505. I tired a book in LRF for the LIBRIe and it did not read using Ebook Library and lrfviewer gave me some error messages. So basically, there may be a chance to lock up your 500/505 using LRF designed for the LIBRIe. So my advice is DON'T.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote