Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-01-2007, 11:30 AM   #16
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
I'll buy an e-ink watch that looks as cool as this, but costs under $50:
Cool! LCD?
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 11:31 AM   #17
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Cool! LCD?
Not sure... I believe it's a design prototype, and I don't know if a physical model has even been fabbed.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2007, 12:24 PM   #18
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
I'll buy an e-ink watch that looks as cool as this, but costs under $50:
Hmm, what time is it on that watch?
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 01:03 PM   #19
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Now why would you have to be so practical?
Old 11-01-2007, 01:45 PM   #20
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Actually, according to the design notes (which I can't seem to find now), the "flowing sands" animation was a sort of screen saver, flowing top to bottom every 60 seconds. You'd touch the face to see a digital time readout appear.

But who cares?!? Look at it!!!
Advert
Old 11-01-2007, 05:09 PM   #21
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Actually, according to the design notes (which I can't seem to find now), the "flowing sands" animation was a sort of screen saver, flowing top to bottom every 60 seconds. You'd touch the face to see a digital time readout appear.

But who cares?!? Look at it!!!
Better to look at is this one for the Ladies from Seiko. It features mystery mode where the full 360 display is animated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	070412_11_01.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	6982  
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 05:22 PM   #22
ischeriad
Connoisseur
ischeriad began at the beginning.

Device: PB Pro 903, Kobo Touch [Past: Story, Clié N770C, SL-10, Palm IIIxe, V]
To be honest, if this watch was given to me, I would wear it although I am a man.
ischeriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 05:31 PM   #23
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I'd like to see something that looked like the Seiko one, but sized to be worn as a ring.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 10:34 PM   #24
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
I'd like to see something that looked like the Seiko one, but sized to be worn as a ring.
I can get behind that!
Old 11-02-2007, 08:17 AM   #25
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

Hmmm, you'd need pretty good eyesight just to tell time. In the dark? Forget it.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:42 AM   #26
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Rats, I thought it WAS a ring! I was all set to save my pennies!

Ok, not really, but I still think that's darn cool!
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 07:28 AM   #27
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Quote:
Better to look at is this one for the Ladies from Seiko. It features mystery mode where the full 360 display is animated.
I remember seeing this one in a thread a few months back, but it's crazy expensive. I would totally pick one up to and put some type of tribal pattern design on it instead of the foofy floral pattern. Still got my eyes pealed for it.
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 11:09 PM   #28
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Oh, well, if you can't hack it to change the display, then forget it.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 01:40 AM   #29
ebookie
Entrepreneur
ebookie began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad v2
I think the physical hands make it possible to read in the dark. The e-ink face is just that, the face. If you were really clever you could make just the minimal electronics to erase the display and address each pixel. Probably something like a four wire data interface. Then a dongle for your PC that has the smarts in it and can write the face of your choice on it.

As for $15 vs $100 vs $1000+ watches its sort of a fashion statement for guys. Basically a Tag-Heur watch on your wrist says you can afford to spend too much money on a watch. Even if you're a geek and otherwise un-remarkable many attractive women will pick up on that. Sad but true.

--Chuck
ebookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 11:58 AM   #30
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Something like http://www.yankodesign.com/index.php.../digitus-ring/, in fact!

Quote:
As electronic technology advances to the sub-micron level, it’s hard to imagine what kinds of things will exist in the future. Designer Charles Windlin believes we’ll see inanimate objects like rings take on highly compact and intelligent devices. The Digitus Ring concept holds 1,400 magnetic spheres each able to rotate in place. Micro computer circuitry controls which spheres turn to show their darker colored sides. A ring can suddenly tell time and possibly when your wedding anniversary is all without the use of power hungry LCD screens.
Wow, that gal has a crooked finger.

This one is a bit too large, but I think it could be half the width and still show the time plenty well.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote