tnronin doesn't littertnronin doesn't littertnronin doesn't litter

Device: PRS-300
Is it my imagination?

Are the more PRS-600's FS than others?
tnronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:26 PM   #2
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
Seems so. I found the 300 just a tidbit too small for me and the 900 is not available here as a regular item. I think anywhere where Sony didn't get a deal with a cell provider you don't get the 900. Just like with the kindle.
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2010, 07:51 AM   #3
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
"FS"?
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:34 AM   #4
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Perhaps I'm being thick here but what do you mean by FS?
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:44 AM   #5
tnronin
Zealot

FOR
SALE
Advert
Old 03-02-2010, 09:57 AM   #6
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Not sure about that. New - I've seen equal amounts of the 300 and 600 being plugged in shops. What's interesting to me is that I've seen tons more 600s up for sale on eBay and second-hand on Amazon which suggests to me large numbers of people not that satisfied with this device.
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 03:20 PM   #7
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
Oooops. Seems I misunderstood the header. Never mind. But what does it matter whether or not more 600s are for sale?
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 03:44 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The topic of this thread does not fit the content.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 06:32 PM   #9
tnronin
Zealot

Ok, I guess I need to spell it out. Maybe this would be when we would speculate why there might be more, which to my perception there are. Maybe talk about the form factor, the screen contrast, the resolution of the characters.

The WHOLE point was to attempt to foster discussion.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:28 AM   #10
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnronin View Post
Are the more PRS-600's FS than others?
I think this may be a testament to it's popularity
There are many PRS-600's for sale for sure, but they also seem to be in demand. Many people are upgrading to PRS-900 I think

Joking aside, proportionally speaking I think there are many more Kindles and Nooks for sale that Sony devices.
One of the biggest reasons that people are selling the PRS-600 is the screen glare IMHO. Some people buy it expecting the same screen experience as in PRS-505 (for example).
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:25 AM   #11
tnronin
Zealot

M-reader, I spent some time researching the different sony readers. The screen glare, and poor resolution were the deciding factors in whether or not I would pony up the extra $$ for that reader.

Regarding the volume of nooks, and kindles, I would speculate that the large number of them on the secondary market is due to the media hype when they came out, and now people are realizing they were much ado about nothing, and for the price/control their parent companies exert, not worth the ticket price of admission. I know that was my case.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:47 PM   #12
kc5cychris
Connoisseur
kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600, PRS-900
I have one for sale only because I upgraded to the 900. Love them both
kc5cychris is offline   Reply With Quote