Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 02-24-2012, 07:02 AM   #1
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
new EEs showing up this

"Welcome to your entourage edge

Press the back button to exit this screen

To connect to the internet
see the quick start guide"

Shot: http://www.mediafire.com/?gdddr4px945p98a

I'm here for helping two new EE users. They just bought a new EE from Holland, they report to see this screen at every boot.

I cannot remember what is this, they report that skipping activation procedure http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjbZP8ckmKI&noredirect=1 will not function over this.

The screen keeps showing up after every boot, they have to Skip it with the back button.
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:29 AM   #2
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzoens View Post
"Welcome to your entourage edge

Press the back button to exit this screen

To connect to the internet
see the quick start guide"

Shot: http://www.mediafire.com/?gdddr4px945p98a

I'm here for helping two new EE users. They just bought a new EE from Holland, they report to see this screen at every boot.

I cannot remember what is this, they report that skipping activation procedure http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjbZP8ckmKI&noredirect=1 will not function over this.

The screen keeps showing up after every boot, they have to Skip it with the back button.
I have never seen this message. Some of the EEs out there still have either the really old Badger OS or older Dingo OS which may explain this message. Not saying that is the case here but they may want to upgrade to Ermine or at least Dingo.

Here's one example where someone bought an EE and it shipped with Badger: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ghlight=badger

Last edited by obsessed2; 02-24-2012 at 01:05 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2012, 08:15 AM   #3
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh yes.
Both of them told me firmware was updated, just discovered that it is NOT.

See: Build edge-eng 1.0 COYOTE eng.buildmaster.20100615.154702 test-keys

Lol.

Could you please confirm this is the right file for upgrading their firmware to the latest Dingo?

http://ethanphoenix.com/entourageedg...go/Edge%202.0/

I remember of two Dingo versions for the Edge (1.13 and 1.6), so I'm not sure this is the latest.

Last edited by lorenzoens; 02-24-2012 at 09:58 AM.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:41 AM   #4
bonaparten
bonaparten began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage eDGe
Thanks lorenzoens even here for your interest!
I'll upgrade as soon as possible and I'll tell you what happens!
bonaparten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:44 PM   #5
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
...Some of the EEs out there still have either the really old Badger OS or older Dingo OS which may explain this message. Not saying that is the case here but they may want to upgrade to Ermine or at least Dingo.
@lorenzoens

I have had my EE for virtually the beginning but do not remember seeing that screen. Updating to Dingo, though would be the first thing to do regardless.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2012, 12:50 PM   #6
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Oh yes.
Both of them told me firmware was updated, just discovered that it is NOT.

See: Build edge-eng 1.0 COYOTE eng.buildmaster.20100615.154702 test-keys

Lol.

Could you please confirm this is the right file for upgrading their firmware to the latest Dingo?

http://ethanphoenix.com/entourageedg...go/Edge%202.0/

I remember of two Dingo versions for the Edge (1.13 and 1.6), so I'm not sure this is the latest.

Coyote was an update to Badger. These have been sitting in a warehouse for a while. Not that this is a bad thing.

I believe 1.10 was the initial Dingo release and then there were a couple of other minor releases ending with 1.13, and 1.6 is a major update to those.

Update Golden will need to be renamed to update (.zip) and installed, and then the other update.zip file will update the EE to Dingo 1.6.

If they plan on replacing the OS it's best they do it sooner than later because teh Golden Dingo will wipe their eDGe clean. I would definitely update to Dingo 1.6 as most Apps today probably won't even run on Coyote or even Dingo 1.13.

Last edited by obsessed2; 02-25-2012 at 11:55 AM.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:10 PM   #7
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
I thought Dingo 1.13 gave us Android version 1.6 (meaning they are the same thing), no??

By the way, my EE arrived with Badger.

Welcome, bonaparten!!

Edit: Is there any reason for them not to skip straight to Ermine? Do they need to update to Dingo first?

Last edited by Filark; 02-24-2012 at 10:18 PM.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:03 AM   #8
lorenzoens
ex se ens

I do not know if they can go straight to Ermine.

But since we know for sure that making each step in the right sequence will function, I assume this is the right way to go.

Coyote > Dingo 1.13 > Dingo 1.6 > Ermine should be the right steps

There's no doubt that the original Dingo had an update 3-4 months before Ermine (I think it was on January 2011).

So I think the first Dingo is 1.13, the update is 1.6

Thank you very much people
Old 02-25-2012, 07:18 AM   #9
lorenzoens
ex se ens

where to download the latest stable Dingo?

The other buyer just used the golden: successful update.

Buy when he tried a further upgrade to the latest Dingo available with the other file ( ethanphoenix.com/entourageedge/files/Firmware/Dingo/Edge%202.0/update.zip ), nothing changes:

Firmware (Android) 1.6
Kernel 2.6.29 buildmaster@zeke # 16
build DINGO- 1.11

Does anyone know where to download the latest stable Dingo?

And if this is the latest, why did Isee this:

Firmware (Android) 1.6
Kernel 2.6.29
Build DINGO-1-6

on my Pocket Edge, before I upgraded it to Ermine?

Last edited by lorenzoens; 02-25-2012 at 07:22 AM.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:30 AM   #10
obsessed2
Wizard

Quote:
The other buyer just used the golden: successful update.

Buy when he tried a further upgrade to the latest Dingo available with the other file ( ethanphoenix.com/entourageedge/files/Firmware/Dingo/Edge%202.0/update.zip ), nothing changes:

Firmware (Android) 1.6
Kernel 2.6.29 buildmaster@zeke # 16
build DINGO- 1.11

Does anyone know where to download the latest stable Dingo?

And if this is the latest, why did Isee this:

Firmware (Android) 1.6
Kernel 2.6.29
Build DINGO-1-6

on my Pocket Edge, before I upgraded it to Ermine?

The files in question are two different sizes. One file (update.golden.zip) is 216 MB which is consistent with a complete OS replacement. The other file (update.zip) is 142 MB which is consistent with an update to the Golden OS.

However, Entourage provided instructions for reverting for Ermine back to Dingo call for downloading the Golden Update (see attached) which says in the last line that your Edge will now be running the latest Dingo build.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Revert from Ermine (Froyo) back to Dingo.pdf (24.2 KB, 305 views)
File Type: pdf HowTo Do An Offline Software Update.pdf (26.3 KB, 262 views)

Last edited by obsessed2; 02-25-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:42 AM   #11
lorenzoens
ex se ens

I reviewed the enTourage Forum Archives and I'm starting to think that 1.6 is = 1.13 on the Pocket, and that there's no upgrade for the big Edge's further the 1.11.

I may be wrong, since I updated to Ermine from a long time, so cannot remember which Dingo I had on the big Edge before the Beta.

I can remember that my Pocket stated Dingo build 1.6, but in the forum archives there's no mention of any update after 1.13 (late january 2011) for the Pocket.

Other users from the italian forums report that the update after the Golden still gives them 1.11 on the Big Edge (no 1.13 nor 1.6)

Last edited by lorenzoens; 02-25-2012 at 11:47 AM.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:48 AM   #12
obsessed2
Wizard

Quote:
I reviewed the enTourage Forum Archives and I'm starting to think that 1.6 is = 1.13 on the Pocket, and that there's no upgrade for the big Edge's further the 1.11.

I may be wrong, since I updated to Ermine from a long time, so cannot remember which Dingo I had before it.

My Pocket stated 1.6, but in the forum arhives there's no mention of any update after 1.13 for the Pocket.

Other users from the italian forums report that the update after the Golden still gives them 1.11 on the Big Edge (no 1.13 nor 1.6)

I think we have too many 1.6's. Both Firmwares are Android 1.6. Dingo is the Entourage custom build of Android 1.6.

It's possible Entourage may have incorporated all of the changes in the update.zip into the final original golden.update.zip (216 MB) which may explain why the update.zip (142 MB) file isn't making a difference.

Last edited by obsessed2; 02-25-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:19 PM   #13
Filark
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm pretty sure I went straight from Badger to Ermine on my EE, so I never saw what the Dingo build was called. I seem to remember people who had the big eDGe asking when they would get the Dingo 1.13 upgrade (from 1.11). Maybe it never happened and Ermine came along so nobody cared about Dingo for EE anymore.

I'm glad the updates are working for the people you are helping, Lorenzoens! Are they both out of that first welcome screen loop?
Old 02-25-2012, 04:23 PM   #14
lorenzoens
ex se ens

Yes they are :-)
Bonaparten didnt show up but the other guy solved the same problem with the Golden update.

Dingo 1.11/1.13: right, you find the pages where people discussed about it in jan 2011, here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=170249
Old 02-25-2012, 04:26 PM   #15
Filark

I just saw your excellent post detailing the different operating systems, complete with timeline! Thank you for that!

Tags
activation