Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-02-2011, 09:04 PM   #1
vdnurse777
vdnurse777 began at the beginning.

Device: nook (not color yet)
Question request- manually library reorganization

Any way for a recipe or a patch to be able to manually move up/down (reorder) books in libraries? When I add books in series that are out of sequence, i would like to manually be able to click/pull the books up down or in between not just acending/ decending order. They don't always have the correct publication date so I cannot reorder correctly to organize a series chronologically before downloading to my nook. (EPUB version)
vdnurse777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:14 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdnurse777 View Post
When I add books in series that are out of sequence, i would like to manually be able to click/pull the books up down or in between not just acending/ decending order.
Just use the series column to get your series in correct order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdnurse777 View Post
They don't always have the correct publication date so I cannot reorder correctly to organize a series chronologically before downloading to my nook. (EPUB version)
You might want to use Fantastic Fiction to find the author to find the series order for your books then enter the series numbers in the series column.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:07 PM   #3
vdnurse777
vdnurse777 began at the beginning.

Device: nook (not color yet)
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Just use the series column to get your series in correct order.

You might want to use Fantastic Fiction to find the author to find the series order for your books then enter the series numbers in the series column.
that site is a great resource, but if I upload to my Calibre library out of order I would like to manually move them around. I already use that site & note the series # in the series column. Maybe what I am asking to be able to do is not clear?

When I click the top of each column it will reorganize appropriately, but like u said I cannot always get the metadata from the resources and the pub date varies with each version (hardcover, paperback) depending on the ISBN that the metadata retrieves. This causes the library to reorganize incorrectly. I wold upload a screenshot, but I am not that savvy.
vdnurse777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:19 PM   #4
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Sounds to me like you are trying to avoid something which cannot be avoided.

Cleaning up your metadata manually is your only option. You either manually set the "correct" publication date, and/or you manually correct the series column information. It can be a painful task given how much junk is in the sources that Calibre can automate from but that's just the way it is unfortunately.

The only other "up/down" thing I can think you meant was the ability to select a bunch of books to indicate they are a series (regardless of whether the series column is populated). Then with a right-click display them in a popup dialog list that you can move them up/down in, and when you click ok it writes that out as a series overwriting the numbering based on what you did in the dialog. That could be done as a GUI plugin and might be useful...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote