Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 08-15-2010, 12:15 PM   #1
RooZ
RooZ began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
Talking First post! :) PRS505 One question to ask...

Hi there all forum users!

This is RooZ from Poland, at first i want to greet You all!

Since last Friday i got hold onto PRS 505 - I picked up this model very carefully because i knew that it will be perfect for me.
And I'm hapy with using it overall

I already installed PRS+ + My own creepy, horror, cool skin theme (I can add it if You want to )

But what I noticed is a little ghosting on the image (especially when reading manga with a lot of black spaces...

I was browsing the forum for solution but haven't seen anything else but sony service.

I read about ghosting on 505 and that is connected with too fast display of an image wich results with ghosting - is there any way to slow down the display speed a little?

And what about this vid?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is1y64VoeDo

We can see that 505 is doing some afterwork (it blinks 2 times - mine blinks only once) - can someone tell me if its possible to enable 2time blinking in reading manga or something? - im sure that it would fix the ghosting problem (because when I see ghosting and i suspend the reader and resume afterwards - the ghost images are gone : ) )
RooZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:19 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
A certain amount of ghosting is normal with any eInk device. It's inherent in the technology.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert