Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 05-16-2010, 03:24 AM   #16
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
Just got around to downloading this. I've been going by the alphabet a-z. What no drop caps or imbedded fonts?
Well, it was I think my first handmade ePub, and I wanted to keep it simple.

Anyway, I'm not sure that drop caps are worth the effort, and I really am not attracted to imbedded fonts because (in at least some ePubs I've read) they take way the user's freedom to change font family. I just don't like serif fonts.

Regards, Alex.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 04:46 AM   #17
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
I've just uploaded version 3 of Twain, Mark: The War Prayer - just a few layout changes to make it more consistent with the books I'm working on now.

Regards, Alex

And again with version 5. I'm going through all the ePubs I've uploaded before I load them on to my new Sony 650

Regards, Alex

And again with version 6. The text is unchanged, but I have curled the quotes, simplified the CSS and the colophon, and tested it on my iPad and on my Sony T1

Regards, Alex
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub The War Prayer.epub (1,002.2 KB, 286 views)

Last edited by AlexBell; 12-22-2011 at 02:47 AM.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert