Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-02-2009, 11:57 AM   #16
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
phew, wouldn't want my butt skewered. Thanks LazyScot for pointing that out!
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:10 PM   #17
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post

Memo to self. Before panicking and thinking Ricky is planning to skish kebab our posteriors, read the post very carefully and check whether or not there is a "re" in skewered...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly View Post
phew, wouldn't want my butt skewered. Thanks LazyScot for pointing that out!
Did I even hint at sticking metal spikes up anyone's butt?? No .... I said "skewed" ... as in a off level, or out of statistical normality. And, I wasn't the first one to say it, mind you. That was krisk. I'm not in my Vlad Tepes mode today.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2009, 12:16 PM   #18
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
well dg caused the skewing!!!!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:40 PM   #19
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Did I even hint at sticking metal spikes up anyone's butt?? No .... I said "skewed" ... as in a off level, or out of statistical normality. And, I wasn't the first one to say it, mind you. That was krisk. I'm not in my Vlad Tepes mode today.
Well let's just say that where the gluteus maximus is concerned, you have a little bit or a reputation.....
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:40 PM   #20
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Well, consider DG, that while I own (and love) three Kindles, I am only allowed one vote. Now, that's not really fair is it?? Certainly, each person should have as many votes as they have Sonys or Kindles. Oh, and my fourth (a DX) will be coming this Summer. Having already put down my money for it, wouldn't it be fair to let me have four votes??

Just saying ....

Oh, and a lot of the Sony owners are in locations where they are not "permitted" to own a Kindle, or they thought (strangely, in my personal view) that the Sony was the better product. So, sure, there are probably a lot more Sony owners than Kindle owners. Doesn't make me love my Kindles any less.
You only get ONE vote so quit whining. Sony owners only get one too.

Not being permitted to do something doesn't mean you can't do it, tho, right, RM?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2009, 01:49 PM   #21
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
You only get ONE vote so quit whining. Sony owners only get one too.

Not being permitted to do something doesn't mean you can't do it, tho, right, RM?
It does tend to make for less people voting Kindle than Sony, though, if you get my drift.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:51 PM   #22
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
Well let's just say that where the gluteus maximus is concerned, you have a little bit or a reputation.....
I also know how to perform a surgical castration .... doesn't mean I go around doing it for giggles, you know??
Old 06-02-2009, 01:51 PM   #23
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Quote:
It does tend to make for less people voting Kindle than Sony, though, if you get my drift.
quick Ricky! make 3 alters!
Old 06-02-2009, 01:53 PM   #24
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
quick Ricky! make 3 alters!
Nah, not my style. I'm not fond of alter-egos and masks, even when I'm out there fighting crime, my cape billowing in the wind, and my spandex suit causing me to itch like crazy.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:30 PM   #25
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
'sigh........

Yeah I know.

Do you suppose, what they say is true?

That most Kindle owners are "older" and don't haunt boards like this?

So we know they are out there, right ? shouldn't we get some "obviously if they are they would vote we'd win, so why not let us win now anyway??"

I'm just sayin'............
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:36 PM   #26
krisk
Wizard

it's like this dg.... say chevy was only available in the states, and vw's were available everywhere. the vw's are better known and cheaper and have world wide availability... who wins?
Old 06-02-2009, 02:50 PM   #27
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

No, pretty much what krisk just said. If it's cheaper and more widely available, more people are going to buy one. The market basically turns on those two points.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:59 PM   #28
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Are we on cannibalism, yet?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 03:03 PM   #29
krisk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Are we on cannibalism, yet?
as in Sony owners eat their young?
Old 06-02-2009, 03:13 PM   #30
jinlo
aka coco jinlo
jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just purchased Sony 505, but alas, it is for the wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
as in Sony owners eat their young?
Only with ketchup.

No wait, that was that other thread. What was the topic again?

<added>

Oh and perhaps with corn on the side!

(that was this thread, got it now!)
jinlo is offline   Reply With Quote