Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 09-27-2007, 05:25 PM   #151
davidd
davidd began at the beginning.

Device: GEB1150
Can this tutorial also be used to create .IMP files??
davidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 05:45 PM   #152
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidd View Post
Sure can. The IMP files I've posted here were created in Book Designer.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2007, 06:13 PM   #153
davidd

Okay, I wasn't sure how the tutorial worked since it said it was for creating the other type, Reader, I believe. I know BD can convert over to .IMP but there are things I would like to try so I've been looking for a tutorial. Thanks.

dave
Old 09-27-2007, 06:14 PM   #154
davidd

an afterthought. I try to use this site but I'm having just a wee bit of a time. How do I access .IMP files here, the books you and others have uploaded to this site?

dave
Old 09-27-2007, 06:15 PM   #155
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
an afterthought. I try to use this site but I'm having just a wee bit of a time. How do I access .IMP files here, the books you and others have uploaded to this site?

dave
Go to the ebooks section from the menu bar. Then search for IMP. and you'll find three books so far.
Advert
Old 09-27-2007, 06:17 PM   #156
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
The easiest way to get to the e-books section would be by the "e-books" link in the blue bar way up at the top of each page.

BD will output any of the formats from the same source file -- mark it up once, make multiple formated books (what? six or eight different ones?).
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 04:43 PM   #157
JannLee
JannLee began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-500 + 2Gb SD
Question How to create Tables in BookDesigner

Hello, recently I got SONY Reader PRS500. I already learnd how to format a simple text in BD but I have problem with creating tables. Can someone guide me how to create a table. If I use an option insert-table I got a table in BD, but after fromating in lrf file I lost the table.
Thanks.
JannLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 04:55 PM   #158
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JannLee View Post
Hello, recently I got SONY Reader PRS500. I already learnd how to format a simple text in BD but I have problem with creating tables. Can someone guide me how to create a table. If I use an option insert-table I got a table in BD, but after fromating in lrf file I lost the table.
Thanks.
Currently BD does not support tables. If you really need a tables, the only option you have a the moment is to use html2lrf (part of libprs500). Html2lrf does support simple tables. So you'd be able to have your tables that way.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:37 AM   #159
JohnP
Enthusiast
JohnP began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Prs505
Found the "Missing" Sony Reader Conversion tab.

Click on the Sony Libre tab. One of the drop down boxes has Sony Reader on it.
I too clicked on the latest version of BD tab that said Sony Reader. Nothing happened. I would assume that this tab is for future development. Otherwise, I would expect that the "sony reader" on the Libre conversion tab is the way to go.

Last edited by JohnP; 10-29-2007 at 08:29 PM.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:15 PM   #160
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
Click on the Sony Libre tab. One of the drop down boxes has Sony Reader on it.
I too clicked on the latest version of BD tab that said Sony Reader. Nothing happened. I would assume that this tab is for future development. Otherwise, I would expect that the "sony reader" on the Libre conversion tab is the way to go.
It sounds like one of two issues you have going on. Either you did not install Book Designer properly or you did not update it properly. Please read the following thread the download all the files you need to do it right and how to do it right. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11786

In Book Designer the tab for the Sony Reader DOES work. You have an install issue going on.

Also after you get Book Designer installed, go to the Book Cleaner section grab the BC files and you'll make even better books. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11649
Old 10-16-2007, 12:16 PM   #161
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Yes it can.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:58 PM   #162
vvv
Zealot
vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iLiad, Librie, REB1100, GEB2150, GEB1150, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Sure can. The IMP files I've posted here were created in Book Designer.
IMP's can be made for different devices (GEB1150, GEB2150, REB1200, SoftBook). But because an IMP created for a certain device may not be suitable for other ones, I would suggest to point out the device type in the book description [for example, "IMP (GEB1150)"].

Also, IMP's can be made not only in a standard format but also in a BookImage one. The last one supports unicode and allows to use some advanced formatting (for example, tables or any fonts usage). However because BookImage files are 3-5 times bigger, I would recommend to indicate a format type [for example, "IMP (BookImage)"].

Last edited by vvv; 10-24-2007 at 09:15 PM.
vvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 10:05 PM   #163
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I create the text based IMP files. So would they not be device independent?
Old 10-29-2007, 09:01 PM   #164
JohnP
Enthusiast
JohnP began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Prs505
NO WAY will the SONY Reader dialog box show up!

When I click on the SONY Reader tab in Make EBooks or try the SONY reader button, NOTHING HAPPENS. All the other tabs work fine and a dialog box appears. The SONY Reader button does not give me a dialog box. I have tried installing BD 4, Installing the updates one by one or the full 7.0 update, uninstalling, deleting the folder, reinstalling, again and again. I cannot get the SONY Reader tab to show anything. I am using Vista and MS Word 2007. I tried unistalling the SONY library software (just in case)! Rebooted. And then I did it all over again. The sign of insanity is doing the same thing over and over with the expectation of something different will happen. Any ideas?
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:45 PM   #165
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
When I click on the SONY Reader tab in Make EBooks or try the SONY reader button, NOTHING HAPPENS. All the other tabs work fine and a dialog box appears. The SONY Reader button does not give me a dialog box. I have tried installing BD 4, Installing the updates one by one or the full 7.0 update, uninstalling, deleting the folder, reinstalling, again and again. I cannot get the SONY Reader tab to show anything. I am using Vista and MS Word 2007. I tried uninstalling the SONY library software (just in case)! Rebooted. And then I did it all over again. The sign of insanity is doing the same thing over and over with the expectation of something different will happen. Any ideas?
To properly install Book Designer using Vista read the following and it should work. I've not tried it, but others have.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...5237#post95237