Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 09-01-2009, 11:40 AM   #1
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Thumbs down Help?

I have decided to buy an ebook reader. I want a Sony, but the model that's available in Sweden is a 505, and it is pretty expensive (350 euro). Thanks to the testdrive performed by
http://smartbitchestrashybooks.com I know the drawbacks, and the positive sides.
I have three options:
A. Wait for the market to grow, and the price to get lower.
B. Ask my cousin in the UK to buy a Sony PRS 300
C. Pick another model, probably a Bebook Mini, or an Opus. Or a Nuut.

Can someone give me any info on how it is to use an Opus, or a Nuut? Especially a Nuut....
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:18 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The Opus has what is probably the best "ePub" (the new industry standard eBook format) file support of any device currently on the market, and is an excellent device. It is very lightweight, and can comfortably be used one-handed in either hand. It also has support for folders, making it very easy to store lots of books in a convenient way.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:50 PM   #3
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Thank you . I have sent of an email to the only store in Sweden (!) that has Sony PRS 505, asking if they plan to sell the Pocket and Touch. If they say yes, I'll go for Sony. If they say No, I'll probably go for an Opus.
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote