Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-03-2011, 01:20 AM   #1
lordshell
Writer/Artist
lordshell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.lordshell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.lordshell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.lordshell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.lordshell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.lordshell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.lordshell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.lordshell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.lordshell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.lordshell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.lordshell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Nook, Kindle
Odd EPUB error message on lulu.com

Okay, I finally got my book ship-shape and uploaded (although Barnes and Noble are taking their sweet time,) but when I tried to upload a preview chapter I got this message:

The following issues were found with your EPUB, which can effect its eligibility for Barnes & Noble:

Contains invalid publication date XML.
Contains invalid publisher XML.

So I thought it was something I screwed up whiled editing in Sigil. However, when I tried it with converted--but unedited--file I got the same message. Anyone have a clue what's wrong?

Oh, I converted from an RTF file to epub, btw.
lordshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:46 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordshell View Post
The following issues were found with your EPUB, which can effect its eligibility for Barnes & Noble:

Contains invalid publication date XML.
Contains invalid publisher XML.

So I thought it was something I screwed up whiled editing in Sigil. However, when I tried it with converted--but unedited--file I got the same message. Anyone have a clue what's wrong?

Oh, I converted from an RTF file to epub, btw.
Without seeing the file I'm going to guess you need to enter a proper publisher and Published Date in the metadata edit window for this book then convert it.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:56 AM   #3
lordshell
Writer/Artist
lordshell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.lordshell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.lordshell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.lordshell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.lordshell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.lordshell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.lordshell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.lordshell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.lordshell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.lordshell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.lordshell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:37 PM   #4
lordshell
Writer/Artist

I can put the publisher in there, but something's awry with the publication date field. I can't seem to change it. Plus, it's right there on the metadata. The hell . . .?
Old 10-03-2011, 12:53 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordshell View Post
I can put the publisher in there, but something's awry with the publication date field. I can't seem to change it. Plus, it's right there on the metadata. The hell . . .?
Do you see the drop-down arrow next to it in the Metadata editor? Try that way.
BTW there needs to be a conversion/ Saves to Disk for this to appear in the Exported file.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:38 PM   #6
lordshell
Writer/Artist

The whole thing seems okay and has today's date--except the 'Published' field won't allow me to enter the day. I don't know if that's normal or not. And I already filled in the 'Publisher' field and lulu.com didn't flag it anymore. Not sure what else I can do.

'Course it could be that lulu.com sucks. I got on Amazon in two days. It's been weeks of struggle with lulu/Barnes&Noble.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:16 PM   #7
lisashea
lisashea began at the beginning.

Device: none
I had this same error for a while - it turns out the error is a "phantom error" and really isn't about the date, at least in many cases. I fixed a completely unrelated error relating to value of attribute "preserveAspectRatio" is invalid. I fixed that in my titlepage.xhmtl. The minute I did, the date error went away. So if you're getting a date error, and think the date looks good, make sure with Sigil that you don't have other errors. It could be the date is fine!

I have all my notes on my LisaShea.com website and am happy to answer questions.
lisashea is offline   Reply With Quote