Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-28-2009, 09:27 PM   #1
Lobonca
Lobonca began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Way to Clear Library?

I need to clear out all the books in the Library but keep them on my HDD.
Is there a way to do that? I only want to see a list of the books that I am currently working on.
Lobonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:11 PM   #2
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
The only way to do it is to copy the directory where your books are located and then remove them all from the library.
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2009, 01:21 AM   #3
Dennisvjames
Enthusiast
Dennisvjames began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook
clear library on ebook reader

similar question with a twist - while calibre has the correct books and pubs (newspaper and blog issues - I keep the last two days) on my PC, the library on my Jetbook keeps all the issues I have uploaded. Is there any way to have calibre up load tee current issues and CLEAR the old issues from the Jetbook?
Dennisvjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 03:09 PM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobonca View Post
I need to clear out all the books in the Library but keep them on my HDD.
Is there a way to do that? I only want to see a list of the books that I am currently working on.
From your post, it doesn't look like you really want to clear out any books. It looks like you just want to see the books you are working on, and not see the others. That's easy.

Highlight all your books. Press "e" and add a tag. I use the tag "Done". Then just use the tag system to show everything that doesn't have the tag Done. Since they all have it, they will all disappear. Then add some new books, and they will show up, because they don't have the tag "Done." When you finish with them, tag them Done and they disappear.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 04:03 PM   #5
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennisvjames View Post
similar question with a twist - while calibre has the correct books and pubs (newspaper and blog issues - I keep the last two days) on my PC, the library on my Jetbook keeps all the issues I have uploaded. Is there any way to have calibre up load tee current issues and CLEAR the old issues from the Jetbook?
No...
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2010, 04:24 PM   #6
sassybug13
sassybug13 began at the beginning.

Device: ipod touch/nook
Nice solution!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
From your post, it doesn't look like you really want to clear out any books. It looks like you just want to see the books you are working on, and not see the others. That's easy.

Highlight all your books. Press "e" and add a tag. I use the tag "Done". Then just use the tag system to show everything that doesn't have the tag Done. Since they all have it, they will all disappear. Then add some new books, and they will show up, because they don't have the tag "Done." When you finish with them, tag them Done and they disappear.
Very nice! I am beginning to create a complete library and doing it author by author and this appears to be the perfect way for me to only work on one at a time. Thanks so much for this brilliant option!
sassybug13 is offline   Reply With Quote