Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 12-04-2008, 10:51 PM   #1
AdamGott
Connoisseur
AdamGott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AdamGott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AdamGott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AdamGott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AdamGott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AdamGott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AdamGott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AdamGott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AdamGott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AdamGott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AdamGott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle/iPad
Anyone using a Blackberry Storm for e-reading yet?

I just picked one up today and from what I can find the choices are very limiting. Mobipocket refers you to their most updated Blackberry reader but I find it to be completely non-functional - the keyboard covers half the screen and you can't get rid of it! I did finally manage to copy some of my files to the machine but I couldn't get them to open and from what I hear it blows chunks after that anyway.

Anyone else with a better experience? I have mostly mobipocket files but I can convert as I have removed the DRM.

I know it's new and all but there has to be something?
AdamGott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:53 PM   #2
tcv
Addict
tcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enough

Well, the Storm is _really_ new and, well, there hasn't traditionally been that much in the way of downloaded ebook apps for Blackberries in general. Mobipocket is the best, in my opinion.

And yet I can see how that work irk me to no end. All the nice screen real estate unused. I imagine Mobipocket is going to simply have to update their application before it can take advantage of the entire screen.
tcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert