Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-10-2008, 08:46 AM   #31
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jplumey View Post
Not sure if you're in the majority on that one. I find that that the iPhone generally gets more favorable reviews than the Nokia. Here's CNET's wrap up of the old iPhone vs the Nokia N85:

Considering the new iphone has GPS and 3G, I think it wins hands down.
But we don't care about the N85. it's an old model. That's like comparing a phone with a rotary dial to a phone with touch tone. It's the N96 that blows away the 2nd version iPhone.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:55 AM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
FYI, to my thinking, keeping the Kindle and using it in the case defeats the entire purpose of a small portable reading device, the Kindle easily fits in my pants pockets which I did like. But as I can no longer hold a paperback open to read, no chance I am going to hold the case flap open. Personally I don't think it needs a case for other that transportation to protect the display.
If you keep your Kindle in your pocket without the case, you are looking for it to get broken. Also is you read without the case and happen to drop it, there will be more likelihood of breaking it. Can you not fold back the flap of the case to be able to hold it in one hand?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2008, 09:16 PM   #33
monkeywrench
Connoisseur
monkeywrench began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
But as I can no longer hold a paperback open to read, no chance I am going to hold the case flap open.
As Jon notes in his post above you can fold the flap of the cover back. It was actually designed to be used in this way. If I'm not mistaken it actually says this either in the manual on the device or in the small getting started guide that comes in the box.

Another thing you can do is put the elastic strap around it once it is folded back to help keep it in place.

Folding the cover back also helps to make the entire package a little bit thicker which is something you were looking for.

At any rate, everyone is different so it won't work for everyone but it didn't seem like it was readily apparent that this was the case so I thought I would post it.
monkeywrench is offline   Reply With Quote