Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-14-2011, 02:31 AM   #1
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
DLNA Servers and clients for Eee Pad?

Anyone found a DLNA server that they like, for use with the Eee Pad Transformer?

I got "TVersity" to work, but all I really need from it is the server function.
Using the "MyNet", that comes with the EeePad, as a client is pretty
limiting. So, A better client would be nice as well.

Any ideas?

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 01:26 AM   #2
Andanzas
Out of print
Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (recycled), Pocketbook Inkpad X Pro
Not sure what you need, but have you tried using MyCloud instead of MyNet? The Splahsdot app included within MyCloud is pretty awesome.
Andanzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2011, 08:22 AM   #3
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I gave the Splashdot streamer a try but I didn't find where it could be set to stream files
instead of the desktop. It looks like I could put my files onto ASUS's server (or the
service that ASUS has hired for this) and then be able to access them there, but I would
not like to do that.

It does a great job from what I could see as a way to see and control a PC from the Pad.
I tried to play a video but the actual video window of the player remained blank. I could
see the player program fine but not the video overlay that would be the selected video
playing.

A DLNA server would stream the A/V file to any DLNA enabled device or player program/
client. This can be over an ethernet network or a wireless network. TVs and projectors
often come with this capability now a days. You can get NAS servers with DLNA, that is
one way for it to qualify as a "Media Server".

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:55 PM   #4
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
You might ask at the xdadeveloper transformer forum. They seem to have the answers to this type of question. http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1104 Of course, you have to register first.
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:54 PM   #5
Andanzas
Out of print
Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (recycled), Pocketbook Inkpad X Pro
Someone recommended this on another forum: https://market.android.com/details?i...oohol.silanoid
Andanzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert