Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-11-2012, 01:08 PM   #1051
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by celemark View Post
I haven't seen any ads/deals on my KSO for at least a week. The screensaver is the generic letter jumble and the ad area in the menu just asks me to connect to download the special offers. I turn on the 3G every day for at least thirty minutes and also try to sync/view special offers, but still nothing.
If you leave it turned off most of the time, you have to wait for all the expired offers to download, one at a time, before you finally get new ones.

Plug it on overnight and leave WiFi on.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:10 PM   #1052
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
It's beautiful around here - unfortunately the lack of current technology is the price we pay. No cell phones, and we're still using dial-up for internet. It's frustrating at times, but the trade-off is worth it.
Even with dial-up, you should be able to get a setup that adds wifi to the house (shared via the PC, using a USB-to-WiFi adapter).
Advert
Old 02-13-2012, 12:06 PM   #1053
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
New Offer (claim by 16 Feb)
  • Get 30% off a Timbuk2 Jacket - Kindle & Kindle Touch only -- exp 16 Mar

Last edited by tubemonkey; 02-14-2012 at 01:53 AM. Reason: edited to add model specfic offer
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:12 PM   #1054
InsulinJunkie72
Enthusiast
InsulinJunkie72 can extract oil from cheeseInsulinJunkie72 can extract oil from cheeseInsulinJunkie72 can extract oil from cheeseInsulinJunkie72 can extract oil from cheeseInsulinJunkie72 can extract oil from cheeseInsulinJunkie72 can extract oil from cheeseInsulinJunkie72 can extract oil from cheeseInsulinJunkie72 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Touch, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
No special offers today.
Didn't you get the 30% off code for Kindle Timbuk2 jackets?
InsulinJunkie72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:32 PM   #1055
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsulinJunkie72 View Post
Didn't you get the 30% off code for Kindle Timbuk2 jackets?
No. I have 7 AmazonLocal ads and 1 Active Content ad.

Do you have a link for that offer?
Advert
Old 02-14-2012, 01:09 AM   #1056
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
No. I have 7 AmazonLocal ads and 1 Active Content ad.

Do you have a link for that offer?
I think only those who own a K4 or KT got that offer.

Get 30% off a Timbuk2 jacket for your Kindle or Kindle Touch
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:35 AM   #1057
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I think only those who own a K4 or KT got that offer.

Get 30% off a Timbuk2 jacket for your Kindle or Kindle Touch
Not surprised. Amazon has done this before and released model specific special offers.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:37 AM   #1058
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Not surprised. Amazon has done this before and released model specific special offers.
It's silly I mean everyone should get the offer. It might motivate someone to buy a Kindle 4 or Kindle Touch if they can get a good offer on the case or it make a nice gift for someone who has one.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:57 AM   #1059
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
It's silly I mean everyone should get the offer. It might motivate someone to buy a Kindle 4 or Kindle Touch if they can get a good offer on the case or it make a nice gift for someone who has one.
Yeah, I agree.

Thanks for the link. If you don't mind, I'd appreciate any heads up on offers you get on your K4 so I can keep the OP updated with all special offers. Since I only have a K3, I'll never see these other offers on mine.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:13 AM   #1060
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Yeah, I agree.

Thanks for the link. If you don't mind, I'd appreciate any heads up on offers you get on your K4 so I can keep the OP updated with all special offers. Since I only have a K3, I'll never see these other offers on mine.
No problem I'll let you know if I get any you don't.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:14 AM   #1061
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
No problem I'll let you know if I get any you don't.
Thanks
Old 02-14-2012, 09:11 PM   #1062
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
For most of a week, my SS had an offer to upgrade to Prime, while I had an ad to use my Prime to send a Valentine's Day gift with 2-day shipping....
Old 02-16-2012, 02:20 PM   #1063
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

New Offer (claim by 19 Feb)
  • Get $15 off a $50 Swimwear Purchase -- exp 19 Mar

Last edited by tubemonkey; 02-23-2012 at 03:34 AM.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:56 AM   #1064
MikeCL
Zealot
MikeCL began at the beginning.

Device: KKB-3G
Since the offers have been so poor I've just turned off the wireless but I will keep checking in here.
MikeCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:51 PM   #1065
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
I got an offer on my K4 that will allow me to buy the extended warranty for $24.99. Apparently they're offering it for those that bought their reader over the holidays. Normally you only have a 30 day window to do so but this offer extends that to 90 days.

It's a good deal that they replace it 3 times IIRC and cover accidental damage. It's too bad not all reader manufacturers offer accidental damage coverage. I just don't think paying $25 for something that cost me $80 is a worthwhile expenditure especially when in all likelihood I'll be buying another unit in 2 years or less anyways.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote