Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-13-2013, 03:32 AM   #331
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
@Ayack:

Try
Code:
def evaluate(self, formatter, kwargs, mi, locals, val, is_read_pct,  
				is_reading_str, no_page_read_str):
	try:
		test_val = int(is_read_pct)
	except:
		return 'is_read_pct is not a number'

import re
	pattern = u'.*(\d+[-/]\d+[-/]\d+).*?Dernière page lue : Emplacement \d+ \((\d+)%\)'
	mg = re.match(pattern, val, re.U + re.I + re.DOTALL);
	if mg is None:
		return no_page_read_str
	date = mg.group(1)
	pct = mg.group(2)
	try:
		f = int(pct)
		if f > test_val:
			return date
		elif f > 0:
			return is_reading_str + ': ' + pct + '%'
	except:
		pass
	return no_page_read_str
The differences:
1) Your sample string from the comment has no space before the date. The original function required that space ('\s' before the '(' in the pattern).
2) You must tell python that the strings contain unicode (the u' in the pattern).
3) You should tell the re.match function that the arguments are unicode (re.U).
4) The character after 'lue' is very strange. It is not a space. I had to change it to be a real space character. You might be able to change it back if you put that same character into the pattern.

I cannot guarantee that this function will work with your data because the comments are in html. What you see might not be what is actually in the comment.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:52 AM   #332
Ayack
Ayack began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thumbs up

Thanks! It works changing back the character after 'lue' (it's a "nnsbp" see here: https://translations.launchpad.net/c...293/+translate).

So, for the record, in French you can use this code:

Code:
def evaluate(self, formatter, kwargs, mi, locals, val, is_read_pct,  
				is_reading_str, no_page_read_str):
	try:
		test_val = int(is_read_pct)
	except:
		return 'is_read_pct is not a number'

import re
	pattern = u'.*(\d+[-/]\d+[-/]\d+).*?Dernière page lue : Emplacement \d+ \((\d+)%\)'
	mg = re.match(pattern, val, re.U + re.I + re.DOTALL);
	if mg is None:
		return no_page_read_str
	date = mg.group(1)
	pct = mg.group(2)
	try:
		f = int(pct)
		if f > test_val:
			return date
		elif f > 0:
			return is_reading_str + ': ' + pct + '%'
	except:
		pass
	return no_page_read_str
Thanks a lot chaley!
Ayack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2013, 08:38 AM   #333
MiniMouse
Groupie
MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Well, there will always be a big time delay because I'm not living in the US! And there could be some communication difficulties too because I'm not a native speaker!
Device: Sony PRS-T3S
Template for title with more info on Sony reader PRS-T1.

I don't know if this is right here but after I created this template for me I thought I share but since this is the first time I done a template, I don't know if this is even helpful to anyone but me.

Anyway, I came up with this because I'm reading a lot of fanfiction and wasn't happy with the title info my Sony reader supplied for me. I wanted to see more just by scrolling through my library on my reader. Since Sony gives the option to show the title in one line (with the author smaller beneath) or two lines (without the author) and you can easy switch between that two versions, I thought I try this.

So my goal was a title for lets say the fanfiction story 'Reaction' (by Blind Author) to show on my reader like this:

Reaction (45,438) [Completed] read: Yes

Or a story of a series like 'There But for the Grace of John Watson' (by Skyfullofstars) to show like this:

There But for the Grace of John Watson (114,950) - 001. The Grace of John Watson [Completed] read: No

Necessary custom columns for this are:
{#words} - for the Word Count (in connection with the Count Pages Plugin)
{#status} - displaying Completed or In-Progress for a story
{#read} - a Yes/No column

My custom column I greated for my new title info on my Sony reader is:
Lockup name: title_sony
Column heading: Title Sony
Column type: Column build from other columns
Template: {title} {#words:|(|)} {series_index:0>3s|- |.} {series} {#status:|[|]} {#read:|read: |}

Now go to Preferences in calibre, to Import/Export and the Metadata plugboards and add a new one:
format: device_db
device: PRST1 (or choose: any device)
source template: {#title_sony}
destination field: title

Done!

MiniMouse

Last edited by MiniMouse; 10-25-2013 at 01:18 PM.
MiniMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:15 PM   #334
Accel
Accel began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Angry Initials vs full name

Anybody know how to do this?

I'd like to see {#author_title_sort} like "Andersen, H.C. - Fairy Tales"
With initials, not full name.
Accel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:54 PM   #335
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accel View Post
Anybody know how to do this?

I'd like to see {#author_title_sort} like "Andersen, H.C. - Fairy Tales"
With initials, not full name.
There are examples in the first post. I constructed the below from those examples. I haven't tried it.

{author_sort:re(\, (.).*?( &|$),\, \1\2)} - {title}

Good Luck

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 11-01-2013 at 07:59 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2013, 08:57 AM   #336
Accel
Accel began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
There are examples in the first post. I constructed the below from those examples. I haven't tried it.

{author_sort:re(\, (.).*?( &|$),\, \1\2)} - {title}

Good Luck
Thank You!
With this formula 'James Fenimore Cooper' looks like 'Cooper, J', but not 'Cooper, J.F.'
Accel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:06 PM   #337
crissman
Connoisseur
crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura H20,Kindle PW1
Help needed - collection, author, series creation on PW1 and calibre database

Hi, I was wondering if anyone would have some suggestions for me. I am new plugboards column management. I have been reading and trying various different ideas others have posted, but haven't found exactly what I am looking for.

Firstly, I have a large book database and so I am looking for something that will be a little less time consuming then editing individual entries.

I am currently using calibre 1.11 64bit using the kindle collections plugin on a jailbroken Kindle PW1 with K5 collection manager.

What I would like to do it to ultimately have my books sent to and displayed on my PW1 in the format:

[1] A Game of Thrones - A Song of Ice and Fire
George R. R. Martin

Now I have achieved this using metadata plugboard entry post from another member (see attachment "metadata plugboard").

This method requires me to modify the "title" of each of my entries and copy from the series field in calibre and paste it into the title field in order to show the series information on my PW1
"A Game of Thrones - A Song of Ice and Fire [01]
at which point I then need to remove the "[1]" because if a title is too long it gets cut off, and in the metadata plugboard it puts it in front. SO can always see which book number it is on my PW1.

This method also doesn't create collections on my PW1 for organization purposes on my PW1. I would like collections to ultimately created in this format using the above example:

Martin, George R.R - A Song of Fire and Ice (and then I can use the k5 collection manager to tag the various books in that series)

I have tried time and time again to use some form of custom column using the "columns built from other columns, behaves like tags which would make use of the calibre kindle collection plugin which would eliminate the need to modify the title field with the series in it but for some reason it doesn't work out that way once it is sent to my PW1 and I implement the k5 collection manager to create collections.. it creates several collections under author, under series, and under title.

I used the {author_sort} - {series}{series_index:| - | - }{title} as template entry.

If anyone can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks and sorry for the long winded post. Just trying to give all the information I can first off.

Crissman
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	metadata plugboard.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	115352  
crissman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:07 PM   #338
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Why is your custom column of type "columns built from other columns, behaves like tags" when it should be "columns built from other columns"?

Also, use the template
Code:
{author_sort}{series:| - |}
so if there is no series, you don't end up with "{author_sort} - " and if you want "Martin, George R.R - A Song of Fire and Ice" then don't use
Code:
{series_index:| - | - }{title}
at the end.

If you use
Code:
{author_sort} - {series}{series_index:| - | - }{title}
you will end up with a collection called "Martin, George R.R - A Song of Fire and Ice - 1 - A Game of Thrones" and so forth, a separate collection for each and every book.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:51 AM   #339
Gary_M_Mugford
Groupie
Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo, Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by crissman View Post
Hi, I was wondering if anyone would have some suggestions for me. I am new plugboards column management. I have been reading and trying various different ideas others have posted, but haven't found exactly what I am looking for. ... Thanks and sorry for the long winded post. Just trying to give all the information I can first off.

Crissman
Crissman,

Details are always important when asking for help. I am WAAAAAY more long winded than you were. So don't worry.

I threw in a query about series 'shortening' back in post #52 in this thread. And that brought Chaley into the discussion two posts later. And if you read the thread from there, you will get what you are looking for, I promise. There's a bunch of columns you have to create to make his suggestions work for you. But they are clearly outlined instruction-wise, with the only warning I have to COPY and PASTE from the examples, since there is a space that is required that can be missed when typing.

My own version of Chaley's hard work is:

[{#readrank:ifempty(9)}{#genre:ifempty(SF) {#stripped_series:lookup(.\s,#initials,.,#shortene d,series)}{series_index:|-|-}{title}

You won't need readrank, that's my estimation on how quickly I want to read the book, with 0 being NOW and 9 being when prodded into doing it by others. I also have a genre field which is my SINGLE selection of the various possible tags. Something like 0MY or 1SF to start my onKindle title. My shortened series field is a product of another Chaley suggestion to test for series length, and if TOO long, reduce it to just initials. So Game of Thrones becomes GoT. My titles are started with a controllable indicator of series and number, or nothing if not standalone, and then the title.

NONE of the work is mine, so I ask you review Chaley's responses in the thread starting with #54. After that, you'll feel like a calibre programmer.
Gary_M_Mugford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 04:01 PM   #340
crissman
Connoisseur
crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

ALMOST THERE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Why is your custom column of type "columns built from other columns, behaves like tags" when it should be "columns built from other columns"?
I was using "columns built from other columns, behaves like tags" based on another persons post. I had originally tried it using columns built from other columns but had the same results. I thought that since on the PW1 collections are basically just tags I would see if it worked.

Quote:
Also, use the template
Code:
{author_sort}{series:| - |}
Quote:
If you use
Code:
{author_sort} - {series}{series_index:| - | - }{title}
you will end up with a collection called "Martin, George R.R - A Song of Fire and Ice - 1 - A Game of Thrones" and so forth, a separate collection for each and every book.
That makes sense. It works perfectly.

I have done "customize collections to create in calibre" to create collections based on my column using the Template {author_sort}{series:| - |}. After which I then did "Create Collections on the Kindle from Calibre" this worked perfectly.

I then went to my PW1 and opened up K5 Collection Manager Menu/Synchronization/Import collections from Calibre.

What it created collection
Martin, George R.R. - A Song of Ice and Fire
No Items

Am I missing something, I could have sworn using the collection manager in the past created the collections and auto-populated the collections the books inside that collection?((I know it is tags and not truly folders) without having to manually add the books using the move/copy command in the CM and moving them into the collections?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary_M_Mugford View Post
Crissman,
I threw in a query about series 'shortening' back in post #52 in this thread. And that brought Chaley into the discussion two posts later. And if you read the thread from there, you will get what you are looking for, I promise. There's a bunch of columns you have to create to make his suggestions work for you. But they are clearly outlined instruction-wise, with the only warning I have to COPY and PASTE from the examples, since there is a space that is required that can be missed when typing.
Quote:
NONE of the work is mine, so I ask you review Chaley's responses in the thread starting with #54. After that, you'll feel like a calibre programmer.
This is indeed what I was looking for. Thank you for pointing me in the right directions. I would never had figured this out on my own.. As for calibre programming.. I don't think I will ever be proficient at it just did a lot of reading and trying stuff "Copy and Paste" all the way.

As a side question.. my mother has a kobo Aura HD any ideas if this would also work on hers or not. I am not familiar with the layout of books and collections on kobo.

Thank you very much for all this help.
3 Cheers to Chaley as well!!!

Last edited by crissman; 11-19-2013 at 01:46 AM.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:48 AM   #341
Gary_M_Mugford
Groupie
Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo, Kindle3
Quote:
As a side question.. my mother has a kobo Aura HD any ideas if this would also work on hers or not. I am not familiar with the layout of books and collections on kobo.

Thank you very much for all this help.
3 Cheers to Chaly as well!!!
Crissman,

Oddly enough, I ran into an Aura last week. Getting the books onto the system proved a little more adventuresome then when my Mom had an original Kobo (three different ones over 28 months) and it was easy as pie to have Calibre send the books to her device. I ended up treating the Aura as other for the purposes of connecting the device and it went adequately from there.

Course, we are talking MOBI and EPUB when talking the two devices. Some conversion will be necessary. But doable for anything that doesn't have retail DRM encrypting it. (and yes, I know there are no limits in the real world). I used the same template and got basically the same result. The plugboard produces a ON-BOOK title as you want. I just copied the plugboard entry to the clipboard, added the second device and pasted it back in. Got the same result that I was used to. Now, your mom's preferences might be for something less cryptic. Maybe she's okay with an ENDING of [01] Game of Thrones, which can be cut off without losing the cardinality. My mom consumers her author list as they come out. She bookmarks FantasticFiction.co.uk and knows the release date of her authors. She has no need for series info. SHE can tell ME what the book numbers are, without having to look it up. 'course, she has about ten authors to watch. I'm tracking 119 at last count. Harrumph.

I think you'll find a happy medium for yourself and your device, and devices for others by just asking and trying to make it work they way they want. You might get surprised.

Happy programming (and plugboard programming IS calibre programming). But just for you.
Gary_M_Mugford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:06 AM   #342
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
The KoboTouch driver in calibre supports all the current Kobo ereaders. The driver also supports creating collection/shelves from one or more columns in the library. The plugboards discussed here will work, but Kobo ereaders have support for series information. It is displayed in the lists on the device and is searchable.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:55 AM   #343
crissman
Connoisseur

Quote:
I used the same template and got basically the same result. The plugboard produces a ON-BOOK title as you want. I just copied the plugboard entry to the clipboard, added the second device and pasted it back in. Got the same result that I was used to.
My mother is very particular. But currently she is using just a title sort because of having the series info copied into the title section of her book in calibre. Which does put the book number at the end rather your template format and I was hoping that your template format would also work out for her. Good to know that it will. Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The KoboTouch driver in calibre supports all the current Kobo ereaders. The driver also supports creating collection/shelves from one or more columns in the library. The plugboards discussed here will work, but Kobo ereaders have support for series information. It is displayed in the lists on the device and is searchable.
Thanks this is very nice to know I can give her my calibre setup and it will work pretty much out of the box for her.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:35 PM   #344
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Question

Hi Plugboard Experts:

I am hoping you could help me modify my plugboard so that I can get information that will display fully on my kindle. I currently have the following plugboard:

{tags} - #purchased1 - {#stripped_series:lookup(.\s,#initials,.,#shortene d,series)}{series_index:0>2s| [|] } - {title}

I would like to keep the following plugboard except I would like to be able to set it up so that only the first three letters of the custom column #purchased1 displays. I tried to follow the setup for the stripped series but I am completely lost and I think I've messed something else. Can someone help me set up the shortened #purchased1 column??
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 12:26 AM   #345
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
Hi Plugboard Experts:

I am hoping you could help me modify my plugboard so that I can get information that will display fully on my kindle. I currently have the following plugboard:

{tags} - #purchased1 - {#stripped_series:lookup(.\s,#initials,.,#shortene d,series)}{series_index:0>2s| [|] } - {title}

I would like to keep the following plugboard except I would like to be able to set it up so that only the first three letters of the custom column #purchased1 displays. I tried to follow the setup for the stripped series but I am completely lost and I think I've messed something else. Can someone help me set up the shortened #purchased1 column??
The formatting syntax ".3" will only use the first three characters. You can always use the function shorten but I doubt you want to, this is so much simpler if all you want is to just use the first x characters.

Using your plugboard, that gets you:

Quote:
{tags} - {#purchased1:.3} - {#stripped_series:lookup(.\s,#initials,.,#shortene d,series)}{series_index:0>2s| [|] } - {title}
I took the liberty of changing the text "#purchased1" to the field "#purchased1".

If {#purchased1} is sometimes empty, you may want to use this:

Quote:
{tags} - {#purchased1:.3|| - }{#stripped_series:lookup(.\s,#initials,.,#shorten ed,series)}{series_index:0>2s| [|] } - {title}
to remove the extra " - " that would show up if {#purchased1} is empty.

Last edited by eschwartz; 12-22-2013 at 12:31 AM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
custom column, tag, tags