Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-26-2010, 04:50 AM   #1
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Photos of a Pink Kindle 3 Cover

I have to say I'm very impressed by the quality of the lighted cover even though I don't yet have my Kindle so I cannot test the light!

Very well made and neatly stitched. The outside of the case is textured and the inside is very soft. The way the light is integrated into the cover is genius! Worth the money in my opinion.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	xDSCF1097.JPG
Views:	480
Size:	696.3 KB
ID:	57166   Click image for larger version

Name:	xDSCF1090.JPG
Views:	472
Size:	547.2 KB
ID:	57167   Click image for larger version

Name:	xDSCF1092.JPG
Views:	511
Size:	970.2 KB
ID:	57168   Click image for larger version

Name:	xDSCF1095.JPG
Views:	470
Size:	453.1 KB
ID:	57169  
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:10 AM   #2
warp
Connoisseur
warp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
this looks really nice, I have ordered the steel-blue version and hope the colour is more blue then steel ;-)
warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:14 AM   #3
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Yes the blue looks very nice too and I did a lot of umming and ahhing over which cover but I got pink because if Hubby ever gets converted to ebooks he'd probably choose blue!

Last edited by TheKindleWorm; 08-26-2010 at 05:16 AM. Reason: Predictive text on the iPhone is a pain - how does ahhing become aching!?!
Old 08-26-2010, 05:23 AM   #4
warp
Connoisseur

one more question, you have the cover with light (mine without) - does it make the back of the cover more inflexible then without? just wondering...
Old 08-26-2010, 05:32 AM   #5
TheKindleWorm
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by warp View Post
one more question, you have the cover with light (mine without) - does it make the back of the cover more inflexible then without? just wondering...
The back of the cover is very rigid indeed and you can't bend it. The front is slightly less rigid but not easy to bend. You can fold the front cover back behind the back cover so you could hold the Kindle 1 handed with your left hand easily.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:43 AM   #6
warp
Connoisseur

thanks for your feedback, my cover should arrive on monday...
Old 08-26-2010, 05:51 AM   #7
TheKindleWorm
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by warp View Post
thanks for your feedback, my cover should arrive on monday...
Great well I should imagine that on the unlighted version, the back cover will be exactly the same as the front in terms of how rigid it is. It certainly is not flimsy.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:00 AM   #8
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
oooh, it looks lovely, really nice quality

Im expecting my green lighted one today/tomorrow........still no shipping of my kindle though, just will fondle the cover till it arrives
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:43 AM   #9
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
My red unlighted cover arrived today, the back and front are exactly the same rigidity
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:47 AM   #10
TheKindleWorm
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
My red unlighted cover arrived today, the back and front are exactly the same rigidity
Thanks for clearing that up. So basically it means that the back of the lighted covers have been toughened because of the light.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:01 AM   #11
Erinath
Shy Philosopher
Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Nook Simple Touch, Nook HD+ & Kindle Keyboard (wifi only)
It does look like a really nice cover, I'm currently holding out for a purple one ... though will probably grab any colour soon just so it's safe .
Erinath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:37 AM   #12
TheKindleWorm
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erinath View Post
It does look like a really nice cover, I'm currently holding out for a purple one ... though will probably grab any colour soon just so it's safe .
Yes do watch out for the Hubby / partner! Mine is like a bull in a china shop getting in and out of bed and has flung my Kindle 2 off with the covers several times - luckily no damage so far! But it only takes the once! A cover or insurance for accidental drops is a good idea!
Old 08-26-2010, 07:40 AM   #13
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erinath View Post
Beside the fact that it is pink, it's still missing something...

Can't really put my finger on it...

Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:51 AM   #14
Erinath
Shy Philosopher
Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Nook Simple Touch, Nook HD+ & Kindle Keyboard (wifi only)
I've found a purple one, but whilst it's fine for storage it looks no good for keeping it safe whilst reading.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-Kindl...2823320&sr=1-3
Erinath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:54 AM   #15
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I've got a black one coming my way. And it should be in the same package as the Kindle itself
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote