Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-26-2012, 05:27 PM   #1
redneck eyeball
redneck eyeball began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T2
Lightbulb Covers for the PRS-T2

I'm wondering what covers are available for the T2, mine should arrive next week.

For my T1 I have this cover

And I would like to have something similar for the T2

The T1 cover was $10,50 from Ebay

Since there is already a topic on T1 covers I thought I'd open a new topic for T2 covers.
redneck eyeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:34 PM   #2
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
They're pretty much the same. 1mm difference isn't going to necessitate a new cover.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:02 PM   #3
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
I have the lighted Sony cover for the T2 that is advertised for the T2.

I tested the T2 out on the lighted cover I have for my T1. Same cover, same size, both fit exactly the same to my eyes.

Inside the Sony covers there's a small indent in the material opposite the button bar on the T1. I guess to give room for the buttons. On the case for the T2 there are two strips. One in the place of the button bar for the T1 and another in place for the new buttons of the T2. T2 case has stitching along the front edges where the T1 doesn't.

The plastic parts containing the lights and the plastic back all look to be the same size.

So I think the changes to the official, lighted case are really just cosmetic and adjustment for the new buttons.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:03 AM   #4
300com
Zealot
300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
I believe the box of the T2 cover says compatible with both T1 and T2.
300com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:00 AM   #5
redneck eyeball
redneck eyeball began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
They're pretty much the same. 1mm difference isn't going to necessitate a new cover.
The buttons are in a different place. So they will not be visible if I would use my old cover.
It's not the thickness I'm worried about
redneck eyeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:11 AM   #6
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Hmmm the buttons are a problem depending on your cover aren't they.

There's T2 specific covers already showing on Amazon (like this and this), but since the size is so similar between the T1 and T2, you don't need to look for a 'new' one as such, just make sure it's one held in place at the corners rather than covering the buttons.

Perhaps look through the old T1 covers thread for suggestions.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:25 AM   #7
Shark69
Zealot
Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
SONY shops in NY sell red T1 cover with ligth as compatible with T2 for $20 instead $50.
Shark69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
case, cover, prs-t2