Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-06-2014, 01:37 AM   #1
Ferretqueen
Ferretqueen is clearly one to watchFerretqueen is clearly one to watchFerretqueen is clearly one to watchFerretqueen is clearly one to watchFerretqueen is clearly one to watchFerretqueen is clearly one to watchFerretqueen is clearly one to watchFerretqueen is clearly one to watchFerretqueen is clearly one to watchFerretqueen is clearly one to watchFerretqueen is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Aura H20, Kobo Glo
“Quick switch” library option and file transfer to Kobo Glo

Calibre version 1.32 (64bit), Kobo Glo 3.2.0, and win7, all epubs only..
I have a multiple library setup, which generally works well. (Thank you for this option as it has helped organise my life...) However there are some strange things happening when I quick change, or move/delete, on an irregular basis.
1. When selecting and transferring files to the Kobos, I sometimes use the "quick switch" library function moving multiple books from "fantasy" library, then changing to "sci-fi" library hoping to move multiples from there. However, only one book at a time will then transfer to the Kobos. If I try for another book, or use multiples, the first book will disappear, and be swapped for the next... Happens with both Kobo Glos.
Also:
2. When moving a book from the original library to another e.g. When I have read a book I transfer it to a "Read" library and delete the original, sometimes the book (.epub) disappears, or the cover, in the second library. I now have to go back and check each transfer.
Is it a Kobo issue, or a library issue? Please

Last edited by Ferretqueen; 05-06-2014 at 01:41 AM. Reason: spelling and grammar......
Ferretqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 04:34 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferretqueen View Post
Calibre version 1.32 (64bit), Kobo Glo 3.2.0, and win7, all epubs only..
I have a multiple library setup, which generally works well. (Thank you for this option as it has helped organise my life...) However there are some strange things happening when I quick change, or move/delete, on an irregular basis.
1. When selecting and transferring files to the Kobos, I sometimes use the "quick switch" library function moving multiple books from "fantasy" library, then changing to "sci-fi" library hoping to move multiples from there. However, only one book at a time will then transfer to the Kobos. If I try for another book, or use multiples, the first book will disappear, and be swapped for the next... Happens with both Kobo Glos.
Just to check what you are doing:
- Looking at the "fantasy" library and connect the Glo
- Send a book to the device
- Change to library "sci-fi"
- Send a book to the device with no problems
- Send a second book and it replaces the book just sent

Is that correct? If so, I have just done a quick test and don't see the problem.

Where are you looking to see that has happened? The file system of the Glo before ejecting, or on the Glo after ejecting and it processes the books?

Quote:
Also:
2. When moving a book from the original library to another e.g. When I have read a book I transfer it to a "Read" library and delete the original, sometimes the book (.epub) disappears, or the cover, in the second library. I now have to go back and check each transfer.
Is it a Kobo issue, or a library issue? Please
I don't do many moves between libraries and haven't noticed a problem. But, I can't see how having the reader connected would affect this.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2014, 04:02 PM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
You may want to use one library, and tag each book with the genre.

Additionally you can add a custom column to keep track of Read status.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:33 AM   #4
Ferretqueen
Ferretqueen is clearly one to watchFerretqueen is clearly one to watchFerretqueen is clearly one to watchFerretqueen is clearly one to watchFerretqueen is clearly one to watchFerretqueen is clearly one to watchFerretqueen is clearly one to watchFerretqueen is clearly one to watchFerretqueen is clearly one to watchFerretqueen is clearly one to watchFerretqueen is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Aura H20, Kobo Glo
I think it is to do with the Kobo extended driver - not that there is a problem with the driver, but how I have set it up - "Series, Shelf, ".Any book that is part of a series will go over, but single novels of one Author will only send one book e.g. I wished to send 6 single Silverberg books, only one would stay sent.
I then made a Series "Silverberg" 1,2,3 etc. These went over fine. So I think I now know WHAT is happening, but not how to do the driver setting so multiple novels of a single author will go over. "eschwartz" idea of using the column named after the library could be the solution! I shall give it a go. Funny though, as this feels like a recent thing, or just since I discovered the multiple library choice.
Calibre works so well that when something strange happens, I think I am imagining it!!!
Ferretqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:48 AM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
What is the save template you are using? It sounds like your save template might only have the author and series info. That would give the results you are seeing.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert