Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-01-2013, 08:33 AM   #1
bbildman
bbildman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Adding The Comment Section (Metadata) To A Mobi File

As often as not, before I decide which book on my Kindle I want to read, I open the catalog I have created to peruse the reviews etc that are included in the Comments section on the metadata page and incorporated into the Catalog.

Is there any way for Calibre to include those comments (usually reviews) into the actual mobi file I am downloading metadata for. So, that when I open any mobi book on the Kindle, I can read those comments just like I can view the cover for each book within the mobi file.

Thanks for any help
bbildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:54 AM   #2
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbildman View Post
Is there any way for Calibre to include those comments (usually reviews) into the actual mobi file I am downloading metadata for. So, that when I open any mobi book on the Kindle, I can read those comments just like I can view the cover for each book within the mobi file.

Thanks for any help
Two ways:

Enable Preferences -> Conversion -> Common Options -> Structure Detection -> 'Insert metadata as page at start of book' and reconvert.

or

Use 'Polish Books' and enable the 'Add metadata as a "book jacket" page' option.

The latter option won't mess with your formatting, but only works on AZW3/KF8 (and EPUB, but as you have a Kindle, that doesn't matter to you), not on old MOBI files.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:44 PM   #3
bbildman
bbildman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
Two ways:

Enable Preferences -> Conversion -> Common Options -> Structure Detection -> 'Insert metadata as page at start of book' and reconvert.

or

Use 'Polish Books' and enable the 'Add metadata as a "book jacket" page' option.

The latter option won't mess with your formatting, but only works on AZW3/KF8 (and EPUB, but as you have a Kindle, that doesn't matter to you), not on old MOBI files.
Perfect. Reconverting Mobi files does it, thanks

As an addendum, using 'Polish Books' as an option: that should be renamed, because when I originally looked at it I saw the word "Polish' what I saw was a language, as in German, Spanish etc...rather than the common verb 'polish'

Last edited by bbildman; 03-01-2013 at 12:47 PM.
bbildman is offline   Reply With Quote