Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-23-2011, 10:22 AM   #1
pashlit
Zealot
pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.

Device: DXG, PRS-350
How often/much do u read?

Hello folks,
Just curious how much time you spend on reading books. I see lots of people are aiming towards 100 books a year target Me personally would be happy if I manage 20-30 books. With work, family and other stuff I dont really have much time to read. What about you?

Last edited by pashlit; 02-23-2011 at 10:27 AM.
pashlit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:25 AM   #2
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
I don't have a target, I just read anything between 2 to 5 hours a day is pretty normal for me.
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2011, 10:31 AM   #3
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Depends for me too, but once I start a really good book, I can't put it down until I finish it. So probably around five hours a day for me too
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:31 AM   #4
rogue_librarian
Guru
rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Basic 613
I'm shooting for 100 books, yes. I tend to read at least an hour, maybe two each night (I don't own a TV set!)

I'd like to read more, but there's work, family, household chores... you know how it is.
rogue_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:38 AM   #5
pashlit
Zealot
pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.

Device: DXG, PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_librarian View Post
I'm shooting for 100 books, yes. I tend to read at least an hour, maybe two each night (I don't own a TV set!)

I'd like to read more, but there's work, family, household chores... you know how it is.
I have a TV but I dont watch it often and dont have any TV subscriptions either. A good rental movie once in a while is enough for me.
pashlit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2011, 10:51 AM   #6
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pashlit View Post
Hello folks,
Just curious how much time you spend on reading books. I see lots of people are aiming towards 100 books a year target Me personally would be happy if I manage 20-30 books. With work, family and other stuff I dont really have much time to read. What about you?
Like you, work and family take up a lot of my time, and I also have to split my time between several hobbies. I try to read about an hour or so right before bed each night, but sometimes knitting or dishes or laundry happens instead. I'm aiming for 25 books this year, all 350+ pages. But I've already tackled 6 and looks like I'll have 2 more done before the end of the month, so I may have to revisit that goal. Then again, I'll be outside a lot with my daughter when warmer weather hits, so maybe my original goal will work out...
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:41 AM   #7
BoiseShan
Connoisseur
BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle
A few hours a day--and I'm a fast reader. I was aiming for 100 books this year. It's the first time I ever set any kind of reading goal. Seems I'm already at 20+, so I may have to re-evaluate....
BoiseShan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:49 AM   #8
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
1-5 hours a day. Just depends. Some days nothing but a page or two. At other times I read a book and it is so completely edifying that I don't even begin something else for a week or two. Doesn't happen often, but occasionally.
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:02 PM   #9
yakuzaboss
Groupie
yakuzaboss is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-650
I read a minimum of 2 to 3 hours a day, if it's a work day. When it's my day off, I read all day.
yakuzaboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:02 PM   #10
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
I'm not trying to make 100 books, but I want to keep a list and I think the counters are fun.

I read about 20 minutes a day, more if I can squeeze in some extra time during the day (rarely) or if I am on vacation (and away from distractions like household chores, laundry and work!)
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:15 PM   #11
Fayth
Zealot
Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.

Device: Sony PRS 350
I read about 4-6 books a month. I would likely read more but I also spend a lot of time gaming.
Fayth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:29 PM   #12
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
I generally read at least a couple of hours each night. How many books that equates to over a particular time period varies, not only because of differing lengths, but because I read faster when it's a book I can really get lost in. I'm on my 13th book for this year so far. It would be a higher number if not for a work project that ate into some of my reading time for a few weeks.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:37 PM   #13
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
I guess I read and write some 40 pages worth of text everyday on the web.

And then I also took the 100 books in 2011 challenge. I'm currently zapping through some 3 or 4 of them mostly during bus drives...
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:23 PM   #14
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
Depends for me too, but once I start a really good book, I can't put it down until I finish it. So probably around five hours a day for me too
I wish...

I wake up at 6, go to work at 7 (shower, breakfast, newspaper), get home at 17:30 (more or less), have dinner (might do some reading but no time for a lot), go play a game behind my computer for an hour and read about an hour, or read a a book for maybe 2. And then I'll be asleep again...

If I have a book I need to finish, especially during weekends, I'll read the entire day away if need be... During the week, a full-time job stops me from doing that...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:46 PM   #15
M0zza
Geek... Apparently
M0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Silver), ASUS Transformer TF300T, IPAD Air 2
During the week I probably get in just over an hour in my commute to and from work. And then another hour at the end of the evening. At the weekend it depends on what is going on.
M0zza is offline   Reply With Quote