Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-05-2009, 02:16 AM   #1
pjhbromley
pjhbromley began at the beginning.

Device: none
Should I buy a Sony for Australia while in U.S.?

I've seen the ereaders around for 199-299 (USD) while on holiday in Vegas. The guy at the shop said I wouldn't be able to get books in Australia for it.
Is this true? Doesn't seem much point if I can't get the books.
pjhbromley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 02:38 AM   #2
RobbieClarken
Addict
RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Most Sony readers support ePub now (I believe the PRS-500 still doesn't unless you send it off to Sony for an upgrade). That means you can buy books from a large number of sellers including Books on Board, Fictionwise, Powell's, Waterstones, WHSmith and ReadWithoutPaper.com. You can also download public domain books from MobileRead, Google Books and a bunch of other sites I can't think of right now.
RobbieClarken is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2009, 06:42 PM   #3
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjhbromley View Post
I've seen the ereaders around for 199-299 (USD) while on holiday in Vegas. The guy at the shop said I wouldn't be able to get books in Australia for it.
Is this true? Doesn't seem much point if I can't get the books.
You won't be able to purchase from the Sony Store itself, but as Robbie says, there are many other locations that you can get books for it - My "Where to obtain eBooks for your Reader" post has a number of locations (and comments about them) to get you started - while a number are UK focused, the majority will be useful where ever you're located.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote