Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 10-31-2009, 07:49 PM   #1
kapaka
kapaka began at the beginning.

Device: BQ
Question Manga, what format?

I am trying to get a taste for manga, so I have recieved one from a friend in .cbz format. This is a .zip file with many .jpg files, one for each page.
If I load it as a .zip file and open it, there is only one single picture, first page. To read the next page I have to get back, open the second and so on...
As you can see it is not a good way to read.
So to what format should I convert the .zip file? and with what converter?
What size should each page be to best reading? What resolution?
As the size of the original manga is only slightly bigger, should I keep the original size or should I resize it for reading?

Thanks for your help
kapaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 07:58 PM   #2
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
I read manga on my v5 (screen dont help if text is too small because it gets unreadable).

I use the program ACDSee 7.0, the option to make a PDF, select all images and then make the PDF. It works wondeful, but what would make it better would be to have the option to make zoom instead reflow on image PDF files
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2009, 03:46 AM   #3
originkim
originkim began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V5(=EZreader PP)
I hope we can see the Manga Zip Files fluently someday. (through the firmware upgrade)

And I hope we can read the TXT files packed with ZIP format (with a bookmark function)
originkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 02:33 PM   #4
Ladyrixx
Zealot
Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro, Kobo Mini, Nook Glowlight 2, Kobo Forma
I read a lot of manga on mine. Import the .cbz file into Calibre and convert it to something like an epub. Then it reads just fine.
Ladyrixx is offline   Reply With Quote