Notices

Old 11-25-2007, 03:53 PM   #1
mryder66
Reader Geek
mryder66 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Intro from parched Atlanta

Hi,

I have just ordered my first e-book reader and am very excited about getting it. I'm currently trying to read a 2000 page IT manual and the damn thing is bruising me. I have it in pdf format and would like to be able to carry it around without dislocating my shoulder. Plus I have two or three other books on the go.

Anyway i ordered the new Sony reader despite my wife claiming total disinterest (she says she likes books - not faux books). We'll see what she says once she sees this thing in action.
mryder66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 04:02 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Welcome to the Forum. Most disbelievers become dedicated e-bookers once they get their hands on a machine like the Sony.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2007, 04:20 PM   #3
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
If you haven't already, check out the forum section on file conversions for the Sony. You're likely to need to do something to your PDF to view it nicely. I have used the PDFLRF utility successfully. In any event, I hope you can save yourself from further bruising.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 05:33 PM   #4
mryder66
Reader Geek

cruising

Thanks,

I'm looking through the forums trying to build a mental model of what's on offer. There seems to be a great deal. I get the feeling this toy is going to keep me quiet for quite some time. Great winter activity.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:45 PM   #5
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryder66 View Post
Thanks,

I'm looking through the forums trying to build a mental model of what's on offer. There seems to be a great deal. I get the feeling this toy is going to keep me quiet for quite some time. Great winter activity.
I thought I was just going to read ebooks with mine. I was wrong. As long as you're prepared it's still a good thing. Good luck!
Advert
Old 11-25-2007, 08:22 PM   #6
mryder66
Reader Geek

What else?

So, if you don't mind me asking, what else do you use your reader for?
Old 11-26-2007, 09:18 AM   #7
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryder66 View Post
So, if you don't mind me asking, what else do you use your reader for?

I meant that I spend about as much time hanging around this forum learning about it and other devices, ebooks, formats, new technologies, other people's issues and opinions, etc. as I do actually reading ebooks on my Reader. It's been fun but it's certainly not what I had originally intended.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:07 PM   #8
mryder66
Reader Geek

i see

Thanks,

Yes technology can quickly become addictive.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:53 PM   #9
walteredge77@co
walteredge77@co began at the beginning.

Device: kindlel
Smile KINDLE

Hello From Germantown,Tn, Have a Kinkle on order will any the books in the mobipocket format be able to download to the kindle,Thanks first post, I may not be in the place to post this . Walt E
walteredge77@co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 05:13 PM   #10
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Welcome to MobileRead, walteredge77@co! Lotsa Tennesseans popping in lately.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 06:03 PM   #11
Mirtika
Mirtika began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505
Hi! I'm new myself.

Like your wife, for years, I disdained faux books. I am a dedicated bibliophile, and I adore paper!

But this is a really attractive gizmo. It feels nice in the hand. It's very like a book, without the dust and wormy issues. And yes, I have some books with wormholes. Ugh. And instead of having two to three dozen books in the trunk and passenger floor of my car and stuffed in my handbag, I can carry three dozen plus in one Reader. That was one of the reasons I wanted it. The compact nature. I have the King James Bible, several poetry classics, a Nano Hopkinson SF novel, a health bestseller, Shakespeare's sonnets and A Midsummer Night's Dream (decided to reread it after rereading the Neil Gaiman SANDMAN homage to it), and a Martin Luther commentary. And all that doesn't weigh much in my purse.

I had 33 items in there before, but I just purged today and reloaded it lighter.

Enjoy the REader. I'm learning to handle/use it myself currently. Maybe after your wife tries it out, she may find she wants some of her books in the contents.
Mirtika is offline   Reply With Quote