Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-11-2011, 10:16 AM   #1
Quietmouse
Quietmouse began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Page Numbers

Hello,

I am new to Calibre and also to regex expressions and I am struggling a bit with what seems like should be a very simple problem.

I have a PDF file which I have converted to MOBI format with Calibre, and I am trying to remove the page numbers as they crop up in the middle of the text. I have used the expression \d+</p><p class="calibre_8"> which the test function of the wizard recognises, and highlights all of the items I want to remove correctly.

(267 occurances, all of which are page numbers with a paragraph break immediately after them.)

However when I actually convert the file, it doesn't remove the page numbers and I don't understand why.

Can someone explain to me what I am doing wrong please?

Thank you

(I have searched for previous forum posts but can't find anything similar?)
Quietmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:33 AM   #2
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
The fact that you have "calibre_8" in your expression indicates something odd is going on - you shouldn't see that for pdf input.

At a guess, you need to support spaces between the closing and opening paragraph tags:
Code:
\d+</p>\s*<p class="calibre_8">
But you might be better off converting from the original pdf file...
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2011, 07:51 AM   #3
Quietmouse

Thank you, I'll try that
Old 06-12-2011, 08:23 AM   #4
Quietmouse

Having gone back and looked at it again, I think what I was doing was trying to remove the page numbers after the conversion to MOBI.

I did try that expression above with no success, but I then started again from scratch and managed to get it to work straight away using \d+<b> on the PDF, so a case of me being an idiot I think.

Thank you again,