Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 07-15-2009, 10:50 PM   #811
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Well, probably not since the design decision for mobi2mobi it to not touch the content of the book. Just modify the headers and the images.
One idea I had then was to be able to modify the First Page link to after the image. As it is now, I can add in a proper cover and make it so the page after that is blank. But First Page goes to that blank page. I'd like First Page to go to the first page of actual text.

Quote:
Yes. Look at the web page.
The latest version on the website is 0.42 and when I just run mobi2mobi to get what options there are, --imagemaxbytes does not show up as an option.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:42 AM   #812
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
One idea I had then was to be able to modify the First Page link to after the image. As it is now, I can add in a proper cover and make it so the page after that is blank. But First Page goes to that blank page. I'd like First Page to go to the first page of actual text.
You have to explode the mobi file and modify the html to do this. You could probably write a clever script using MobiPerl, Calibre, or the ebook-tools (or what the name of the Perl package was) to do this.

Quote:
The latest version on the website is 0.42 and when I just run mobi2mobi to get what options there are, --imagemaxbytes does not show up as an option.
Ah, it is in html2mobi but not in mobi2mobi yet. 0.43 is not released yet.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:44 AM   #813
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So then it's not yet in the latest release. Any idea when the 0.43 will be released?
Old 07-17-2009, 07:35 AM   #814
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So then it's not yet in the latest release. Any idea when the 0.43 will be released?
Well, it is easy to just put it up but you can take the subversion code yourself instead. I just felt that for one change it was not worth it troubling the people that kindly buy windows binaries.

For me a new version is just the Perl code. The Windows binary is something that sometimes is available and something that will not be built by me.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:30 PM   #815
Gudy
Wizard
Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux (623)
Nah, don't worry about it. Building the windows binaries isn't exactly a lot of work for me - Uploading the resulting zip file takes me longer than downloading a new release and building the binaries in the first place. So throw out a new release whenever you feel like it.
Gudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 05:53 PM   #816
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudy View Post
Nah, don't worry about it. Building the windows binaries isn't exactly a lot of work for me - Uploading the resulting zip file takes me longer than downloading a new release and building the binaries in the first place. So throw out a new release whenever you feel like it.
OK, there is a 0.0.43 uploaded now and the only change is:
  • Added flag "--imagemaxbytes n" to specify the maximum size of image data included in the mobi file to mobi2mobi.

I have not tested the flag...
Old 07-19-2009, 07:07 AM   #817
Gudy
Wizard
Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux (623)
Here's the Windows build. Mobils seems to work, I haven't tested anything else, though.

ETA: I lost the attachment on the first upload attempt.
Attached Files
File Type: zip mobiperl-win-0.0.43.zip (9.82 MB, 2352 views)

Last edited by Gudy; 07-19-2009 at 07:23 AM.
Gudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 01:07 PM   #818
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Thanks tompe and Gudy!
Old 07-20-2009, 03:01 PM   #819
Gladtobemom
Connoisseur
Gladtobemom began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook, Palm Z72
Yippeee!

Quote:
Since a lot of people have mentioned that it would be useful to be able to manipulate meta data and to add cover image to a prc or mobi file I wrote mobi2mobi. Here is the description of the program:

A program to manipulate MobiPocket files. Author and title can be set and a cover image (thumb nail image for Gen3) can be added.

There are two kind of prc files used for electronic books. One is a PalmDOC file which does not have a MOBI header but can contain HTML code marked up with MobiPocket specific markup and it can be read by a MobiPocket reader. For this format you cannot store meta information in the header. The other format is MobiPocket and it has a MOBI header and some additional data where you can store meta information and an extended title.

This program can change the extended title for a MobiPocket file. It can also automatically convert a PalmDOC file to a MobiPocket file and set the title.

It can also add author information to a PalmDOC file by converting it to a MobiPocket file and set the author meta information.

You can also add a prefix to a title in a MobiPocket file. This does not work for PalmDOC files.

It is possible to add an image to the file. If there are no other images in the file then the added image will be used as cover image and thumb nail image for Gen3.

Just running the program on a mobifile without any flags will print some information about the file.

Since there is no specification available for the MOBI header this program might generate books that are not entirely correct. So keep the original file...
I end up creating my own Mobi books just because I need to put the Author's name in correctily (Last, First Middle Birth-Death). I follow the Dewey list, that makes sure that I don't mix up authors with the same names.

Also, to list the title without its article first
"The Wizard of Oz" becomes "Wizard of Oz, The" which means that they appear alphabetically under Author sorting. In Cybook, I can just put them in directories of the author's name and they are in order!

Non-fictions are by "category"

I just downloaded your tool, I'll give it a try. If it works, this would be so great!
Gladtobemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 05:50 PM   #820
joanie
joanie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle V. 1
Question Trouble Installing Mobi2Mobi on Mac

I have, in the past, successfully installed (thanks to the Visual Guide) and used Mobi2Mobi on my Mac running Leopard, but I must have accidentally deleted something during spring computer cleaning.

I am getting hung up in CPAN (and I'm no coder, so I have no idea what that even means) and get the following messages:

cpan> install Bundle::CPAN
CPAN: Storable loaded ok
Going to read /Users/Joanie/.cpan/Metadata
Database was generated on Sun, 24 May 2009 05:26:52 GMT
Warning: Cannot install Bundle::CPAN, don't know what it is.
Try the command

i /Bundle::CPAN/

to find objects with matching identifiers.

cpan> install Palm::PDB
Warning: Cannot install Palm::PDB, don't know what it is.
Try the command

i /Palm::PDB/

I tried the command i/... that it suggested, and no luck. Anyone have any ideas on what I'm missing/doing wrong/can do to fix this?

Much appreciated,

Joanie
joanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:22 PM   #821
idalevan
idalevan began at the beginning.

Device: none
hello, somebody can help me: i have some .prc files, and i have to convert them to HTML.
i used mobiperl for this, but now i changed my operating system, and it don't works.
can somebody convert them?
this is the link to the books : http://rapidshare.com/files/27183583...files.rar.html
idalevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:15 AM   #822
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I have just moved computer and I'm also having the same trouble reinstalling MobiPerl.

It seems that the Palm::PDB package is no longer available.

Help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanie View Post
I have, in the past, successfully installed (thanks to the Visual Guide) and used Mobi2Mobi on my Mac running Leopard, but I must have accidentally deleted something during spring computer cleaning.

I am getting hung up in CPAN (and I'm no coder, so I have no idea what that even means) and get the following messages:

cpan> install Bundle::CPAN
CPAN: Storable loaded ok
Going to read /Users/Joanie/.cpan/Metadata
Database was generated on Sun, 24 May 2009 05:26:52 GMT
Warning: Cannot install Bundle::CPAN, don't know what it is.
Try the command

i /Bundle::CPAN/

cpan> install Palm::PDB
Warning: Cannot install Palm::PDB, don't know what it is.
Try the command

i /Palm::PDB/

I tried the command i/... that it suggested, and no luck. Anyone have any ideas on what I'm missing/doing wrong/can do to fix this?

Much appreciated,

Joanie
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:38 AM   #823
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

It seems to be available here at least:

http://search.cpan.org/~arensb/p5-Pa....0/Palm/PDB.pm

I probably have to put it into the distribution if it is removed from CPAN.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:38 AM   #824
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
It seems to be available here at least:

http://search.cpan.org/~arensb/p5-Pa....0/Palm/PDB.pm

I probably have to put it into the distribution if it is removed from CPAN.
Weird, I used ppm.bat (Perl Package Manager) from my ActiveState Perl installation and saw:
Code:
p5-Palm
Module for handling PalmOS databases
	Version:	1.009
	Author:	brian d foy (bdfoy@cpan.org)
	CPAN:	http://search.cpan.org/dist/p5-Palm-1.009/
But the link doesn't exist. However, upon searching CPAN I came across http://search.cpan.org/~arensb/p5-Palm-1.3.0/, a recent update NOT:
Code:
This Release p5-Palm-1.3.0  [Download] [Browse]  07 Nov 2002  
Latest Dev. Release p5-Palm-1.009_02  [Download] [Browse]  21 Aug 2009 
Other Releases  p5-Palm-1.009_01  --  15 Aug 2009
Look at the dates of these versions: 1.3.0 (07 Nov 2002) and p5-Palm-1.009_02 (21 Aug 2009). So something is amiss...

Just use http://search.cpan.org/~bdfoy/p5-Palm-1.009_02/ for now.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:44 PM   #825
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

But the 1.3.0 version is the lates released and the PDB.pm file in that is identical to the one installed by Debian packages.

Tags
mobi2mobi, mobils