Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-29-2010, 02:56 PM   #1
Rendus
Rendus began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader Touch Edition
Corrupt Author/Book Titles on PRS-600

As can be seen in the attached images, books transferred by Calibre to my PRS-600 Sony Reader Touch Edition receive odd characters, largely Chinese, replacing the last couple letters of a book title or author name. This occurs on both the internal storage, and on the 8GB MicroSD card I'm using (with a MicroSD to SD converter).

Why would this happen, and what can I do to stop it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre1.gif
Views:	215
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	48849   Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre2.gif
Views:	220
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	48850   Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre3.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	908.2 KB
ID:	48851  
Rendus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:10 PM   #2
hansvanderveeke
hansvanderveeke began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-600
I do not have a solution for you but I would like to add that I have the same problem with my PRS-600.

It is only in the title and author. Never in the text of the books themselves.
hansvanderveeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2010, 07:19 PM   #3
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Happened to me once - after I strayed and gave in to the dark side of eBooks .
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:38 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
it's a known problem with setting metadata in certain types of PDF files. There's an open ticket about it in the calibre bug tracker.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote