Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-04-2009, 02:25 PM   #1
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Save to Disk or Send to device

I would like to keep my ebooks
in this way in my bbook

Author\Series\book.epub
Author\books.epub

currently when send to my bbook the files are saved in this
structure
author\book\book.epub

Is there a way for calibre to do it automatically when i send files to my device or better yet save to disk as using my laptop's built in reader is a lot faster.

Another request I updated and corrected a few epubs using sigil and now have to send these files again to my device.
Can you add an option where if calibre finds an updated epub compared to the one on the device it updates it automatically on the device.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:38 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Enhancement requests will get lost amongst the noise here in the forum. What you should do is register any you are really interested by raising a ticket for the enhancement on the calibre home web site. That way it gets registered securely and any progress on it can be tracked.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2009, 02:42 PM   #3
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
I registered there recently but am unable to access the site at the moment
is it just me or is the website down
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:41 PM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think it is probably down just at the moment as I cannot get to it either.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:49 PM   #5
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
I do believe this one is on kovid's to-do list:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52087
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2009, 06:40 PM   #6
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
The closest to what you want that is currently implemented is to use a / tag. A tag starting with / will be used for creating the directory structure when sending to the device. All subsequent /'s will be treated as directory separators. So set a tag that looks like /author/series to get your desired structure. Sadly there is no way to fill in those parts you have to set the full into for each book. E.G. /Orson Scott Card/Sci Fi
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:13 PM   #7
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
The closest to what you want that is currently implemented is to use a / tag. A tag starting with / will be used for creating the directory structure when sending to the device. All subsequent /'s will be treated as directory separators. So set a tag that looks like /author/series to get your desired structure. Sadly there is no way to fill in those parts you have to set the full into for each book. E.G. /Orson Scott Card/Sci Fi
Thank you for this info, it answers the question I was going to ask. I already have folders on my device and now I know that Calibre can send to them if I set up my tags correctly.
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:31 PM   #8
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
The closest to what you want that is currently implemented is to use a / tag. A tag starting with / will be used for creating the directory structure when sending to the device. All subsequent /'s will be treated as directory separators.
Does this only work with 'send to device'? I tried using a tag starting with / to "save to disk", but it just put all the ebooks into the root folder.
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:21 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justy View Post
Does this only work with 'send to device'? I tried using a tag starting with / to "save to disk", but it just put all the ebooks into the root folder.
You need to change your "Preferences" for add-save
{tag} is one of the options, but I am not sure what happens if there are multiple tags.
I switch between 2 sets because my Astak V5 does not use Meta-data.
series/series_index-Title/title-Author
0NoSeries0/author/title

But using Tags gives me an idea for a 3rd, a way (unfortunately with the file as overhead since Symlinks are not supported) to flag recent additions.
I keep 100's of titles on my SDcard
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 06:05 AM   #10
itimpi
Wizard

Note that for Save to Disk you can provide the mask that Calibre will use to select the directory structure to be used. This is set under Preferences->Add/Save->Save
Old 12-10-2009, 12:59 AM   #11
Scott Nielsen
Groupie
Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: iPad, K3, K4, T1
In the 'Saving books' tab, what is the difference between 'Update metadata in saved copies' and 'Save metadata in OPF file'?

I suppose I only need to tick one of the two but which is better?
Scott Nielsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 04:43 AM   #12
itimpi
Wizard

Not sure if there is an answer to this - it depends on your requirements (and you might want both).

Saving the metadata in the opf file saves it in a separate opf file, but alwayws saves all the data and is fast.

Updating the metadata in saved copies is slower as it ahs to update files as it saves them, and may not be able to include all the metadata if the format being saved does not support it. However if you want the metadata to be recognised when you load the book onto a device for reading then it needs to be embedded in the file.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:22 AM   #13
Scott Nielsen
Groupie
Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: iPad, K3, K4, T1
I read that as it being better to be safe than sorry and shall save both. The files are small and it's not like I'm short on space. Cheers.
Scott Nielsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:56 PM   #14
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
Thanks user_none and itimpi for the information, I've wondered about both of these issues myself. But I'm still dabbling with things as I try to create a viable system.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote