Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-14-2014, 09:23 AM   #1
Richs
Richs began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Feature Suggestion: Autoswap Title/Author and search for unmatched books

Suppose a user has just added large number of books to Calibre and wants to download metadata. Would it be possible to set a toggle somewhere in settings that enables Calibre to automatically search each unmatched title for a second time with the Title and Author fields swapped?
Richs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 05:56 PM   #2
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Why not first swap them before metadata download? You'll have to swap them sooner or later, might as well do it sooner.

Personally, I would swap them automatically during the Add Books process. Try the optional plugin Quick Preferences, which has regular expressions for adding books with different filename structures.

Last edited by unboggling; 01-17-2014 at 06:01 PM.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2014, 01:25 AM   #3
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
An alternative could be to use the ISBN-plugin and ignore title/author for books with found ISBN. When downloading metadata the ISBN is used to identify the book, and author/title is ignored.

If no ISBN is found, then you may have to fix author/title to make sure that correct metadata is downloaded. But most books have ISBN available to find using the ISBN-plugin.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 04:51 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoby View Post
An alternative could be to use the ISBN-plugin and ignore title/author for books with found ISBN.
To reduce any confusion the OP may have I believe Adobe is referring to the Extract ISBN plugin.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:08 AM   #5
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Now that I think about it some more, at some point I would want the filenames of all original downloaded files reset too. Generally I only add a few books at a time so I change the filenames out in the operating system manually before the Add. Or prior to adding a large quantity of books in bulk, out in the operating system I would run the files that need author/title swap through a file renamer tool before the Add Books.

That way I have the raw downloaded files in preferred filename structure before the Add, one static Add Books regular expression puts Title and Author into the right columns when the copy is Added, and then I can move the original downloaded files (in preferred filename structure) to a Raw Books folder for future life as "raw backup".

Last edited by unboggling; 01-18-2014 at 10:13 AM.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert