Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-07-2010, 10:55 AM   #1
shootist
Zealot
shootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned off

Device: nook, prs-650, prs-350, galaxy tab 2
note taking on 650

Can you save the notes to another file? Search notes? How good is the note taking on the 650?
shootist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:03 PM   #2
jrain
jrain began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Aura-One, Sony prs T3
you can export notes book by book as a text file from the reader software what ever good that would do.
But you can save notes by using a manual SYNC.
eg. for copying to a new reader I got a new 650 (which is much better than the 600, by the way) but wanted to recover some heavily marked up books.
In mac Reader Library i just connected the old book and use drag and drop to put a book from the 600-reader to the "Library" of the application itself (ie the top "Library"). then when i connected the new 650 i just reversed this dragging from the "Library" to the 650. The notes came along with the book.

However i just updated my OS and had to reinstall the Sony software and so far these saved books don't show up in the application Library anymore!
jrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert