Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-25-2006, 12:28 PM   #1
ktb1381
Enthusiast
ktb1381 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ktb1381 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ktb1381 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle
bookshare.org

Is anyone using or thinking of using this site? Basically, they have volunteers scan books, then provide these books to disabled folks for a small fee. The cool thing about them is that they seem to have a better selection than 'normal' ebook stores (in some areas at least).

I believe I am seeing that they will provide the scanned books in HTML, which should be usable on the Sony Reader...

What is Bookshare.org?

Bookshare.org is an online community that enables people with visual and other print disabilities to legally share scanned books. It is designed exclusively for the use of the blind and other individuals with print related disabilities. Bookshare.org has been in operation since February, 2002, and was created by Benetech (formerly Arkenstone).

How can I become a member?

Bookshare.org membership is available to U.S. residents who provide proof of a print disability, such as blindness, low vision, a reading disability or a mobility impairment that makes it difficult or impossible to read standard print. Find out more about membership.
ktb1381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 10:59 PM   #2
tcv
Addict
tcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enough

Well, I'm not thinking of using it because it's a service for the blind and I'm not blind or visually impaired in any way. I am mentally impaired, but that's not the purpose of this site.
tcv is offline   Reply With Quote