Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-19-2012, 04:24 AM   #1
paulblakeman
paulblakeman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Fetch News Problem

Hi, on my kindle when I have downloaded news articles to read on the go I open up the file and get a message saying that it is unable to continue and asking if I have purchased the article from Amazon?

Is there something I am doing wrong? I am using the built in news feeds and they all do the same thing.
paulblakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:26 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulblakeman View Post
I am using the built in news feeds and they all do the same thing.
Built into what? Please be more specific, give an example.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2012, 05:01 PM   #3
paulblakeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Built into what? Please be more specific, give an example.
Built into Calibre?
Old 09-19-2012, 05:55 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@paulblakeman: What Kindle model, and on which firmware version? What's your default output format?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:41 AM   #5
paulblakeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@paulblakeman: What Kindle model, and on which firmware version? What's your default output format?
Hi,

it's the new £69 one, no keyboard (not sure what generation it is?). I think it is Kindle version 4.1.0 software? The output format is AZW3.

I have just tried converting from AZW3 to mobi and it works perfectly! Worth noting for anyone else trying to figure this out.
Advert
Old 09-20-2012, 12:06 PM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@paulblakeman: Yep, Kindle devices don't particularly like AZW3 periodicals right now.

FWIW, it will be worked-around in calibre's next release (you'll be able to keep AZW3 as your preferred output format, but periodicals will be built in mobi automatically).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote