Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-05-2013, 01:26 PM   #556
Mterry
Enthusiast
Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS T1; Kindle T3G
Italian translation

Hi! I insert Italian translation in the localization. Is it useful for anybody?
Attached Files
File Type: txt CollectionsManager-localization.txt (4.9 KB, 271 views)
Mterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:34 PM   #557
Mterry
Enthusiast
Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS T1; Kindle T3G
Can I use CollectionsManager without any Launcher? If I don't like it, how can I uninstall it? Can I simply delete it?
Mterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #558
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Mterry: Yes (to both questions) .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:06 PM   #559
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mterry View Post
Hi! I insert Italian translation in the localization. Is it useful for anybody?
I committed your translation to the repository, and updated the first post accordingly.

ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:58 PM   #560
Old Techie
Old Techie began at the beginning.

Device: EZReader
Kindle PW and "Collections" grayed out

I am obviously not holding my mouth right.

Got a new Paperwhite for the wife, registered it, imported all her books into Calibre from her K3, jailbroke the PW, added the necessary other patches, the Collections Manager, I believe I patched the collections manager in Calibre. Uploaded the books to the PW, ran the collections manager to create collections, and bless my soul, even after several restarts, power offs and reading the knuckle bones, I can't sort by collections.

Assistance, mes amis, por favor. Danke!
Old Techie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2013, 07:59 PM   #561
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Old Techie: What did you do in the Calibre Kindle Collections plugin (exactly), and did your run an 'Import from Calibre' in CM on the PW after that?
Old 07-06-2013, 09:31 PM   #562
Old Techie

THAT'S the piece I missed!

Thanks for a terrific app!

j
Old 07-06-2013, 09:40 PM   #563
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Old Techie: My tweaked Kindle Collections plugin should have mentioned that in the popup instead of asking you to reboot the device .
Old 07-07-2013, 04:56 PM   #564
Old Techie

Oh c'mon, real techs don't read instructions. :-D

I probably was just running on autopilot and missed it.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:03 PM   #565
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Old Techie: Heh ;p. Just mentioning it because that might have been a hint that you missed the tweaked plugin (or that my tweaks failed to properly autodetect the model of your device, which is entirely possible, and known to fail on at least some 'old' Windows versions, and possibly OS X ^^) .
Old 07-08-2013, 12:55 PM   #566
groby
groby began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I am in need of some help. I have a Kindle Paperwhite and I did everything to install the collection manager. But how can I open it. I cannot find anything of a collection manager on my Kindle. I had firmware 5.3.5 and installed the jailbreak, then updated tot 5.3.6 and reinstalled the rescuepack and the kindlet jailbreak. Then I put the CM into the Documents file. But I could not find anything of a collection manager.

Then I downgraded tot 5.3.4 since it seems to be more stable, but nevertheless I still cannot find the CM. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

I really want this manager since I hate doing it all manually.

thanks

Last edited by groby; 07-08-2013 at 01:19 PM.
groby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:53 PM   #567
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by groby View Post
I am in need of some help. I have a Kindle Paperwhite and I did everything to install the collection manager. But how can I open it. I cannot find anything of a collection manager on my Kindle. I had firmware 5.3.5 and installed the jailbreak, then updated tot 5.3.6 and reinstalled the rescuepack and the kindlet jailbreak. Then I put the CM into the Documents file. But I could not find anything of a collection manager.

Then I downgraded tot 5.3.4 since it seems to be more stable, but nevertheless I still cannot find the CM. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

I really want this manager since I hate doing it all manually.

thanks
You should be seeing CM on your home screen, just like any other book or application. If you don't:

1. Make sure that you copied the CM .azw2 file to the correct directory on the Kindle. This is utterly important, because otherwise the Kindle won't even find or consider CM.
2. Make sure that you're not filtering your view (i.e. choose "all" in the "display what?" setting).
3. If that still didn't help, look at the second (or third, fourth...) page of the content listing.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:30 PM   #568
groby

Thanks, I have found it. I thought it would come as in a file.
Now I can start figuring out how to make the collections by author.

Thank you very much.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:04 PM   #569
groby

Everything just works fine. I have imported the collections from Calibre and it performs great.
Only 4 double files, but hey, easily deleted.
Thanks for this great plugin.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:51 AM   #570
acalva
acalva began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
firmware 5.3.7

After the firmware upgrade i got a message saying that the firmware is not compatible with Collections Manager. I know that it says on the OP that it will not be compatible but I wonder if this can be modified.
acalva is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks