Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-05-2012, 04:20 AM   #1
dove.young
dove.young began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Arrow Need help on mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 on KT

Hi! All

I am using a Kindle Touch. It's system is 5.1.2.

I was jailbreaked my KT when it was 4.x. But sometimes ago It was fallen on the ground and system was broken. ( system still running but all the fonts was gone. ) So I have to install an new system on it. Then it becomes 5.1.2.

I finished the jailbreak steps and usbnetwork steps mentioned in page

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind...:_NOT_5.1.2.29

and

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind...USB_Networking

Now I can login to my Kindle as root via ssh. But I am not able to mount /dev/mmcblk0p1. So that I am not able to modify font configurations in /etc/fonts/.

Here is my device information. Thanks in advance.

Code:
[root@kindle fonts]# cat /proc/partitions
major minor  #blocks  name

7        0    3418104 loop0
 179        0    3907584 mmcblk0
 179        1     358400 mmcblk0p1
 179        2      65536 mmcblk0p2
 179        3      32768 mmcblk0p3
 179        4    3418112 mmcblk0p4
[root@kindle fonts]# 
[root@kindle fonts]# 
[root@kindle fonts]# mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt/us/root/
mount: /dev/mmcblk0p1 already mounted or /mnt/us/root/ busy
[root@kindle fonts]# mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
/dev/root on / type ext3 (ro,noatime,nodiratime,data=writeback)
none on /proc type proc (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
none on /sys type sysfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
tmpfs on /dev type tmpfs (rw,relatime,mode=755)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,relatime)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,gid=5,mode=620)
tmpfs on /var type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=32768k)
/dev/mmcblk0p3 on /var/local type ext3 (rw,relatime,errors=continue,data=writeback)
fsp on /mnt/us type fuse.fsp (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,user_id=0,group_id=0)
/dev/loop/0 on /mnt/base-us type vfat (rw,noexec,noatime,nodiratime,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro)
fsp on /mnt/us type fuse.fsp (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,user_id=0,group_id=0)
fsp on /mnt/mmc type fuse.fsp (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,user_id=0,group_id=0)
[root@kindle fonts]# uname -a
Linux kindle 2.6.31-rt11-lab126 #1 Tue Jul 17 16:55:47 PDT 2012 armv7l GNU/Linux
[root@kindle fonts]# exit
Connection to 192.168.15.244 closed.
dove.young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:28 AM   #2
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
Why not using FontHack?
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2012, 07:02 AM   #3
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
If you're running in main, /dev/mmclbk0p1 is already mounted as /.

And no, don't try to "export" anything from the root partition to /mnt/us (by loop-mounting or so). First, /mnt/us is FAT32 and supports almost none of the important FS features. Second, this is almost certainly going to fail, because /mnt/us becomes inaccessible to the Kindle when it is plugged to the computer as a USB drive.

Just don't do it. Make your changes from the ssh command-line instead.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:05 AM   #4
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
It COULD be done by booting diags_ssh, mounting mmcblk0p1 from SSH, then exporting USB from the diags menu. Windows can be confused about symlinks if finds there, and it would be a bad idea to make changes from Windows. As ixtab said, there are better and safer ways to do what you want (i.e. SSH).
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote