Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 07-19-2011, 06:03 AM   #1
snoeki
Connoisseur
snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 2 & Kobo glo hd
Recipe works for 50% , what is wrong?

I would like to make a recipe from this website's rss feed:

http://floor-to-ceiling-books.blogspot.com/

There are two options to get the rss feed (with or without atom). The url's are:

http://floor-to-ceiling-books.blogsp...efault?alt=rss
http://floor-to-ceiling-books.blogsp.../posts/default

Both url's give me the same problem. After downloading I get a document which is about 0.1 MB and it contains an index with a small part of the text and when I click on the link I get an empty page.

The recipe looks like this:

class AdvancedUserRecipe1311069752(BasicNewsRecipe):
title = u'Floor to ceiling'
oldest_article = 28
max_articles_per_feed = 100

feeds = [(u'Floor to ceiling', u'http://floor-to-ceiling-books.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss')]

What do I do wrong?
snoeki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:24 AM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoeki View Post
I
What do I do wrong?
Try adding this:
use_embedded_content = False

Your feeds have a lot of text (called embedded content). You may be triggering Calibre's automatic use of the content in the feed rather than the content at the page. That said, your recipe is very simple and may get lots of stuff you don't want.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2011, 10:56 AM   #3
snoeki
Connoisseur
snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I tried it , but I got the same bad results.

Just spend a half hour on testing and I got it working, it should be like this for blogspot websites:

class AdvancedUserRecipe1311088245(BasicNewsRecipe):
title = u'Floor to ceiling'
oldest_article = 28
max_articles_per_feed = 100
use_embedded_content = True
encoding = 'utf8'

feeds = [(u'Floor to ceiling', u'http://floor-to-ceiling-books.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss')]

Last edited by snoeki; 07-19-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:27 PM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoeki View Post
I tried it , but I got the same bad results.
By using this:
use_embedded_content = True
you are forcing the recipe to skip the links to the articles and use only the content in the feed. That's fine if you are happy with the feed content, but often the linked article content will be better. Are you getting all the images?

Your solution tells me that you'd need more work to correctly grab the article content.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:45 PM   #5
snoeki
Connoisseur

Yes, I get all the images.

Some blogs provide the bloggers with an automatic rss feed where the whole page including the pictures is within the rss feed.

I will have to work on it to make it more perfect, but for now this is fine. I will work on it after my summerholiday. At the moment I am at home with 2 little kids and it's very very hard to concentrate on this. Well, a nice to do job for the autumn.

Thanks for your help.
Advert