Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-26-2009, 08:23 AM   #1936
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i think vr playing musical avatars is funny, personally.
He can change them as often as he likes. But I really do think that if someone uses an avatar someone else is already using (or has just been using), they should modify it slightly so as to make it distinct. Add a mustache or something.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:24 AM   #1937
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Look, it's all just fun and games, and so long as no-one uses my avatar (technical Taylor514ce's) or starts to write in binary or morse code or some weird childhood pidgin because that hurts my brain and gives me migraine, in which case I'll come and get you or at least if the latter then after I've finished lying in bed going "ngngngngngngngngngngngngngngng..." and when I do get you I'll strap you into a chair and force you to watch every Will Ferrell movie ever made and then I'll feed your nuts to the squirrels and if you don't have any nuts I'll sew some on and then feed them to the squirrels and then I'll make you watch all the Will Ferrell movies again and I'm not specifically looking at you VR because you're a nice doggy and I'd never do that to you even though my promises are written on soggy Kleenex and my memory is shorter than The Guide To Will Ferrell's Humour.

It's all fun and games until someone loses their googlies.

Hey, have you seen the trailer of that big budget movie that's all about avatars? I think it's called "Attack Of The Angry CGI Smurfs".

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:41 AM   #1938
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I may be baaaaaad but I'd never risk having to watch Will Ferrell (doggie throws up a little in mouth at the thought). Looks like your avatar is safe, Marc.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:43 AM   #1939
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post

Hey, have you seen the trailer of that big budget movie that's all about avatars? I think it's called "Attack Of The Angry CGI Smurfs".

Cheers,
Marc
I've been looking forward to that one. Apparently there's new Smurfs. And more than one girl-Smurf. Discuss.

(The other one about the avatars looks interesting too)
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:46 AM   #1940
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Look, it's all just fun and games, and so long as no-one uses my avatar (technical Taylor514ce's) or starts to write in binary or morse code or some weird childhood pidgin tries to add abba to their avatar because that hurts my brain and gives me migraine makes my ears bleed, in which case I'll come and get you or at least if the latter then after I've finished lying in bed going "ngngngngngngngngngngngngngngng..." and when I do get you I'll strap you into a chair and force you to watch every Will Ferrell movie ever made and then I'll feed your nuts to the squirrels and if you don't have any nuts I'll sew some on and then feed them to the squirrels and then I'll make you watch all the Will Ferrell movies again and I'm not specifically looking at you VR because you're a nice doggy and I'd never do that to you even though my promises are written on soggy Kleenex and my memory is shorter than The Guide To Will Ferrell's Humour.

It's all fun and games until someone loses their googlies.

Cheers,
Marc
i've heard that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery (plus marc is so much better at effective threats than i am) so i've taken my inspiration from him on the subject of audio avatars. (plus, since he'd probably be the first in line for this hare-brained scheme, the irony is quite delicious).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:48 AM   #1941
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I may be baaaaaad but I'd never risk having to watch Will Ferrell (doggie throws up a little in mouth at the thought). Looks like your avatar is safe, Marc.
'S okay, my good little puppy dog. I'd probably look at your big brown bacon-loving eyes and forgive everything (or forget - six of one; half a dozen of the other really).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy View Post
I've been looking forward to that one. Apparently there's new Smurfs. And more than one girl-Smurf. Discuss.

(The other one about the avatars looks interesting too)
I hated Smurfs. Perhaps it's wrong, but I always thought that they were the only thing that'd ever get me interested in golf (or at least get use out of its equipment).

But, yes, the movie looks BIGSCREENTACULAR.

Cheers,
Marc
Old 08-26-2009, 08:52 AM   #1942
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
..I hated Smurfs. Perhaps it's wrong, but I always thought that they were the only thing that'd ever get me interested in golf (or at least get use out of its equipment).

Cheers,
Marc
If you were my caddy, which club would you suggest?

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:54 AM   #1943
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
If you were my caddy, which club would you suggest?

WDE.
For any Smurf, a wedge, and go for cutting it in half strokes.
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:54 AM   #1944
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i've heard that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery (plus marc is so much better at effective threats than i am) so i've taken my inspiration from him on the subject of audio avatars. (plus, since he'd probably be the first in line for this hare-brained scheme, the irony is quite delicious).
Oh, the delicious irony. Of course, I'd feel delighted to provide whatever assistance is required to enact musical ABBA-avatars, but then of course obliged to perform my duties and carry out the threats of our dearly-loved, pacifist queen.

I'm no stranger to self-abuse.

Wait, that came out wrong.

Cheers,
Marc
Old 08-26-2009, 08:56 AM   #1945
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Oh, the delicious irony. Of course, I'd feel delighted to provide whatever assistance is required to enact musical ABBA-avatars, but then of course obliged to perform my duties and carry out the threats of our dearly-loved, pacifist queen.

I'm no stranger to self-abuse.

Wait, that came out wrong.
So many MANY ways to abuse that post.

Must... restrain... self...
Old 08-26-2009, 08:57 AM   #1946
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
For any Smurf, a wedge, and go for cutting it in half strokes.
As Gargamel once paraphrased Lee Trevino, "Even god can't hit a one iron like a smurf does".
Old 08-26-2009, 10:09 AM   #1947
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
The best way to incorporate sound in an avatar, is to allow you to upload a SWF as an avatar. Then you can include sounds.

But imagine having 15 diff swf avatars talking/singing/yodeling at the same time!
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:12 AM   #1948
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
The best way to incorporate sound in an avatar, is to allow you to upload a SWF as an avatar. Then you can include sounds.

But imagine having 15 diff swf avatars talking/singing/yodeling at the same time!
No problem, as long as we all decide to use the same Abba-song in honor of Queen Z...
Old 08-26-2009, 10:18 AM   #1949
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
So many MANY ways to abuse that post.

Must... restrain... self...
You post abuser (who feigns post abuse avoidance), you! We're going to have to tie you to a post outside and abuse you if you keep this up.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:23 AM   #1950
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
You post abuser (who feigns post abuse avoidance), you! We're going to have to tie you to a post outside and abuse you if you keep this up.
Oh my, do the abuse involve a bucket of lard, a litter of hedgehogs and a number 5 wrench dipped in chocolate?

Tags
duck!, fun with avatars, thwack!, unutterable silliness, zelda