Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-03-2008, 03:09 PM   #1
susall
susall began at the beginning.

Battery discharges too quickly after using MP3

I used my Sony PRS-505 up until recently. I thought I would try listening to MP3 files of a book I was reading at the same time. That worked great, but the battery went down very fast. I expected that part, but what I didn't expect is that now my PRS-505 won't maintain a charge for more than a day or two.

It's constantly discharging the battery. Perhaps the MP3 player is still playing in the background? I don't know how to tell. I've tried going into the utilities to see if the MP3 player is going in the background, but there are no user affordances for this.

Anyone experienced this problem?

-su
susall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 05:32 PM   #2
moz
Addict
moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo H2O
I think it's definitely out of the ordinary. I fooled about with mp3 playing briefly but decided I would rather have battery life and use a dedicated mp3 player instead. From memory there's no pause, just mute, so that may be your problem.
moz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2008, 05:53 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by susall View Post
I used my Sony PRS-505 up until recently. I thought I would try listening to MP3 files of a book I was reading at the same time. That worked great, but the battery went down very fast. I expected that part, but what I didn't expect is that now my PRS-505 won't maintain a charge for more than a day or two.

It's constantly discharging the battery. Perhaps the MP3 player is still playing in the background? I don't know how to tell. I've tried going into the utilities to see if the MP3 player is going in the background, but there are no user affordances for this.

Anyone experienced this problem?

-su
What you can do is delete all the MP3 files form your 505. Then you won't have any playing without knowing so.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:51 AM   #4
Spirit Warrior
Spirit Warrior began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
I had an easier way to do this: My music are stored on an SD card. When turning off the display, I eject the card. That causes the player to stop playing. Of course, when you turn the display back on, the Reader will refresh itself because it thinks you've inserted a different card (or you added/deleted files on the same card).

If it were up to me, I'd have programmed the '0' button to take me directly to music (since page numbers tend to not start with 0) and I would have added the Pause and Stop, but as I don't work at Sony, no can do (except bug the heck outta them).
Spirit Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 06:24 AM   #5
susall
susall began at the beginning.

Great suggestions! Thank you!
susall is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
battery, mp3