Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 05-20-2008, 11:37 PM   #1
sputnik
Enthusiast
sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: EB 1150, iLiad
how to merge annotations

Given that after many installation attempts I have not been successful with the iLiad Companion, I installed PDF Scribble Merger, hoping that the annotations made on a PDF on the iLiad could be viewed on my PC. However, the PDF Scribble Merger does not produce any merged PDF. The software is really simple, but it does not work. Any advice? Are there similar programs that could merge the scribblings with the PDF and output a new PDF?
sputnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 12:37 AM   #2
sputnik
Enthusiast
sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: EB 1150, iLiad
Problem FIXED

The software DOES work. The PDF that I scribbled was on a full Memory Stick (and I really mean full, only about 6 kb free). So the associated .irx file that was produced was incomplete/corrupted. I freed up some space and tried again. This time it worked like a charm! My bad!
sputnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2008, 12:05 AM   #3
Crisby
Fanatic
Crisby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Crisby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Crisby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Crisby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
I use the PDF Scribble Merger and I'm happy with it. Its a simple program and it works.

Its good that I can choose to have my scribbles coloured - red, green, blue or black.
Crisby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 05:49 PM   #4
kodomo
M92 info archivist
kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.

Device: IRex Iliad 2nd ed., Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max Lumi
scribble merger displaces annotations?

Hi all... I'm not sure whether this is a merger issue, or a scribble issue... but for some documents, merging fails, as annotations are displaced (vertically).

I've tried it with both ILiadPdfScribbleMerger and PDFScribbleMerger. The results are consistent to the respect that annotations are either successfully merged by both tools, or by none (while the actual displacements differ between the two).

As far as I can see, success or failure depends on the document being annotated (the same documents either fail or succeed to be annotated consistently).

On the Iliad, the scribbles are displayed at the correct locations, so it seems like the actual merging were the problem.

I've appended several documents for illustration (and maybe testing) :
the short named pdfs are the original documents,
the _merged versions are created by PDFScribbleMerger,
the _output versions by ILiadPdfScribbleMerger .

The circles are all supposed to be roughly around a word or part of a word (starting letters noted besides the circle).

Maybe someone can figure out, what's going wrong...

Cheers.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf chaotic_protocols.pdf (182.4 KB, 390 views)
File Type: pdf digital_prosperity.pdf (4.08 MB, 1248 views)
File Type: pdf chaotic_protocols_merged.pdf (217.4 KB, 588 views)
File Type: pdf digital_prosperity_merged.pdf (4.87 MB, 1757 views)
File Type: pdf chaotic_protocols_output.pdf (182.6 KB, 386 views)
File Type: pdf digital_prosperity_output.pdf (4.12 MB, 705 views)
File Type: xml chaotic_manifest.xml (682 Bytes, 536 views)
File Type: xml digital_manifest.xml (685 Bytes, 393 views)
File Type: gz chaotic_scribble.irx.gz (1.1 KB, 361 views)
File Type: gz digital_scribble.irx.gz (16.8 KB, 386 views)
kodomo is offline   Reply With Quote