Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-15-2014, 06:52 AM   #31
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Safe trip, Blossom! Waiting for new from your travel/arrival.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:16 AM   #32
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
I'd like to apologize for all of North Carolina's crappy travel weather today. I tried to keep it sunny for you but my force field just wasn't strong enough to keep the rain away!
Sorry!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2014, 02:32 PM   #33
xstitchfan
Connoisseur
xstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to all

Device: nook touch, nextbook 10" tablet pc windows 8.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I hope everything goes smoothly for you. Are you towing your car behind the big truck?

We moved 10 years ago from Chesapeake VA to central PA (near Altoona) with 5 birds, a lizard, some fish, a dog, and 3 little kids, 3 vehicles, AND 3 moving trucks. It was a complete nightmare. I swear I will never move that far again!

I'm glad you can do it all in one trip!
It was 11 years ago when I moved from San Antonio, TX to Northern NJ - I agree - never again! Then we got in live in a corporate stay hotel with 2 cats and no oven for 3 1/2 months while we tried to close on the house we live in now. We signed the contract on our 2nd day in NJ. It really took that long to close. There are days I wish we'd kept walking away from this house - esp. when the sewer backed up after 6 weeks in the house! and the wall oven caught fire!! and the a/c compressor blew! and the fireplace leaked water into living room when it rained hard! all this happened during the first year! Did I mention the house had passed the home inspection with flying colors. It is the oldest house I've ever lived in - built in 1960. Happy Reading! Joan
xstitchfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 01:27 AM   #34
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I am typing this from our hotel room. We got into Raleigh at 7am yesterday we checked into the hotel then got 4 hours of sleep and headed to the storage place to unload the truck. We just got back and hubby crashed. He unloaded it all. I was too sick to help.

We had a few things happen that I didn't expect. The biggest was our landlord of 7 years who we thought was good friends with blew up at hubby and called him some not so nice names. It was so out of character I am still wondering what happened. I am really worried about this as you know a good landlord reference is very important.
He said a week ago we was A1 tenants and he would be happy to give us good reference now I don't know what is going to happen.

Seeing it rained all day Thursday we didn't leave till 1AM for Raleigh and the only good thing about that was it was really cool weather for the cats to travel. My youngest took it better than I thought. She was freaked out at first but 3 hours in she went to sleep however my oldest who usually loves to travel and has done this three times freaked out and meowed half the way. I forgot she is afraid of the dark so I had to hold a a mini flashlight the whole 6 hours to keep her calm. It worked half the time. Once they got into the room it took them only a few hours to make it their own. I may have to fight for bedspace. lol

So I have to get up at 9 and then we return the truck and probably will want to sleep more but we are so limited on apartment hunting time. the hotel is bare bones and very old. It seems to be clean just well yucky looking but for $50 a night with no pet rent in an good area I think it's the best we could do. At least the internet seems fast. lol.

Two really nice things that happen was our neighbor the one who use to play loud music but he got a new TV Christmas and so it was bliss after a year of having to endure it. Anyways he brought us over some Churros he made and a 2 litter of ice cold soda with cups while we move. It was so nice of him it made me cry. I am going to miss him.

The next thing is the storage place people have been so really nice. They let us park the truck there for free and they even took hubby to get some food while we was unloading. We got a really good deal on the unit too.

Oh the roads here are crazy! They are not marked well at all and I am firing Google maps for getting us lost 4 times today. The last time hubby had a meltdown which I allowed as he has had very little sleep, lost a good friend and had to do almost all the physical lifting, cleaning and unloading. I just packed and organized and sorted.

Does anyone here know a good maps app that makes sense? Google is seriously confused.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 01:43 AM   #35
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
For Android? I use Maps With Me Lite, the free version. I use it for northeastern states and haven't had a problem with it. It's free and available at Google Play, so it will cost nothing to try. It won't help with traffic -- it's offline maps only.

Good luck finding a new home!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2014, 02:23 AM   #36
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
WAZE it's free
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 03:44 AM   #37
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry about the fight with your landlord and I hope everything gets better now.
Old 05-17-2014, 08:17 AM   #38
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks it wasn't a fight as my husband was very polite to him even with him cussing and calling him names. All hubby ask was about the dumpster being full where to leave stuff. Now every one on that road uses that dumpster even when they are not suppose too so it fills up hours after it's empty. I still have no idea what set him off.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:06 AM   #39
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Glad to here you there safe Blossom. I can't help with a maps app. I have my Garmin and never travel without it.
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 07:31 PM   #40
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Copilot GPS is a good one. It's an off-line one, the maps are on your device. Free for one country, pay for more maps and voice guided nav. Off line is great if you have no connection or have maxed out your data plan.
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 12:27 PM   #41
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Thanks I will check them out. We're just vegging today as I'm too ill to do anything else. Tomorrow we'll start apartment hunting. Need lots of good thoughts we find a place. Raleigh from what I've seen so far is a lot like St. Louis it has that feel to it to me.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:36 PM   #42
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Good thoughts to you and good hunt.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:50 PM   #43
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Good thoughts to you and good hunt.
Thanks went 5 complexes today didn't like them. First one had second bedroom window that faced the public access stairs, talk about security issue. The second one didn't have any washer or dryer hook ups and the third was a dump and the fourth is a possibility but only one bathroom and the fifth was in the slums and nearly witness a gang fight from kids getting off the bus. We did drive by a place I really like in a good neighborhood and have a appointment for tomorrow.

Now on top of all this running around I'm ill with either a stomach bug or food poisoning... Let's just say McDonald's bathroom saw me a lot today.

I also learned how dangerous a golf cart is. This one lady drove like NASCAR and I nearly fell off if hubby hadn't grabbed me, it was like a amusement ride without restraint. I was even sicker by the time I got off. The next one I bang my head getting on the back and now have a knot on my head then I was dizzy from it and nearly fell down the stairs.

This apartment hunting isn't for the weak in heart.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:57 PM   #44
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
Blossom, I am sending well wishes your way.

Auntykatkat
auntykatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:31 PM   #45
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
That sounds terrible! Sounds like helmets should be worn in those carts. Good luck finding a place you like!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote