Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 02-27-2019, 08:44 AM   #1
Arkadya
Arkadya began at the beginning.

Device: none
How to extract text and images from an .mobi file (ebook)?

I would like to extract the contents of a .mobi file.

With an epub file I can extract the content with WinRAR but when I try with a .mobi, the only thing I can do is open it and see the contents. As soon as I try to open a file inside or extract something I have an error message telling me that the file is damaged. (For now, I have only tried with the WinRAR software and not with my script for epub files, so I do not have any code to show you)

I do not think it has a DRM, I downloaded the file from Project Gutenberg

If this way does not work... is there another way?
Arkadya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 09:35 AM   #2
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
covert it to epub, then extract
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2019, 10:48 AM   #3
Arkadya

How do you do that? I have to do that with a php script
Old 02-27-2019, 11:09 AM   #4
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Add mobi to calibre library.
Use calibre convert function
Simples.
If I don't have calibre, get it, find out what it can do... It is free.
It also has an editor, which is a simpler way to view and copy content.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 12:36 PM   #5
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
https://calibre-ebook.com/
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2019, 02:52 PM   #6
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
If you want to script it, probably the easiest thing to do is use kindleunpack.
radius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 03:10 AM   #7
Arkadya

I can not use Calibre. I need to be able to do this via a php script because it has to work on a server. My supervisor refuses to make something work that he can not control
Old 02-28-2019, 05:14 AM   #8
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Does the server support python at least?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=61986
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mobi, php