Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 04-28-2011, 09:05 AM   #46
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Heh, I hadn't thought of that. Hal really is like *a poor man's Hans Solo - Solo being smarter, more handsome and actually able to fight.

*is there a better phrase for this, I actually don't like using this one.
How about a Hans Solo on the cheap, Hans Solo at bargain basement prices, the Hans Solo you couldn't give away. The Hans Solo you have when you're not having a Hans Solo (aka Claytons Hans Solo). Any of these tickle your proverbial?

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:14 AM   #47
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
How about a Hans Solo on the cheap, Hans Solo at bargain basement prices, the Hans Solo you couldn't give away. The Hans Solo you have when you're not having a Hans Solo (aka Claytons Hans Solo). Any of these tickle your proverbial?

Regards
Caleb

"A cheap man's Hans Solo", or better yet "A cheap Hans Solo" that's nice!

Thank you.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2011, 09:53 AM   #48
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Bob, I've been telling you to read this book for years. Now do you believe me?
I don't recall.. but I do know the books you've recommended to me I have liked.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:46 PM   #49
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post

"A cheap man's Hans Solo", or better yet "A cheap Hans Solo" that's nice!

Thank you.
For the love of George! It's HAN! Not Hans! He's Corellian, not German!

Oh, and I enjoyed HS, and immediately saw Hal as a Han poser. A wannabe...a Han-a-be, if you will. I'm looking forward to starting HS2.
I also see Clunk as a fusion of R2-D2 an C-3PO. He's a polite and sensitive android, capable of interacting with humans, like 3PO, but with the guts and scrappy resourcefulness of R2.

Last edited by ApK; 05-01-2011 at 08:50 PM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:49 PM   #50
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Hansel? Hansel? —Bugs Bunny
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2011, 10:23 PM   #51
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
For the love of George! It's HAN! Not Hans! He's Corellian, not German!
I stand corrected.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:07 PM   #52
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I've started reading the first sequel.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote