Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-28-2010, 09:30 PM   #1
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Kindle: Sidney Sheldon - Rage of Angels

I'm not sure why this is free AND the text to speech works ... but, hey, I'll give it a try! Rage of Angels (1980) went to #1 on the bestseller lists the week before its official publication date, it stayed at the top for 18 weeks and on the lists for 42 weeks.

http://www.amazon.com/Rage-of-Angels...=AZC9TZ4UC9CFC

It's even free international Whispernet delivery ... so really, really free in Canada.

Poster Happines at Library Thing summed up the plot:

Jennifer Parker is a ambitious and intelligent woman who wants to make her mark as an lawyer in the legal arena. Her life as an attorney takes an unexpected turn when she is wrongly accused of being involved with the Mafia headed by Michael Moretti. Undaunted by the circumstances and problems, she establishes herself as a smart woman who excels in all the cases that she handles. Adam Warner(a married lawyer with political aspirations) brings the love quotient to the proceedings. In trying to save her son’s life Jennifer gets embroiled in the unlawful dealings of the Mafia and Moretti himself. She realizes that her life is in a quandary because the two men in her life are on opposite sides of the law. How her life changes due to the actions and decisions of these characters forms the rest of the story.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 12:43 AM   #2
wandalynn
Addict
wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, Aluratek Libre
This is free at B&N this week, too. Coincidence? Corporate espionage? Or do the publishers offer the freebies to vendors?
wandalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2010, 12:58 AM   #3
lila55
Fanatic
lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360° , iPhone 5, PRS-650, Sony PRS-T2, Sony PRS-T3, Tolino
Thank you, just downloaded it
lila55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 08:39 AM   #4
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Been free a while in several stores. Third thread about this book.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 02:34 PM   #5
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, Koland, I didn't see your thread. I tried to purchase the Kobo edition as well but it refuses my credit cards. The price is "minus one cent" which may be giving it trouble.

However, part of my point is that it's actually free in Canada over Whispernet. Many of Amazon's titles in the past have started at $2.00.
Advert
Old 05-29-2010, 08:57 PM   #6
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
It's not available for Australians..
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:14 AM   #7
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
Thanks, Koland, I didn't see your thread. I tried to purchase the Kobo edition as well but it refuses my credit cards. The price is "minus one cent" which may be giving it trouble.

However, part of my point is that it's actually free in Canada over Whispernet. Many of Amazon's titles in the past have started at $2.00.
I have found that some credit cards simply refuse to make purchases with Kobo (that may be due to it being an international charge, although I haven't run into it with other places, or due to the age of the company). I think I first ran into it on one of their nearly free books, as well.

For free books, we (or, at least some of us, encouraged by the moderators) try to update the original thread when another format or store offers the same book with the same or a similar deal. You can PM the moderator if the thread title needs changing (for example, if the title says 'free for Kindle' and it now needs to say 'free in several formats' or 'also free in Canada'). It keeps the number of threads down and lets anyone that subscribes to a thread see updates.

Karen
Old 05-30-2010, 10:52 AM   #8
SensualPoet
Wizard

Just to follow up on the "free at Kobo" edition of Rage of Angels. It's not my account or credit cards; I successfully purchased something else yesterday really as a sort of test. It's that silly "minus one cent" that prevents the sale. I have informed their helpline. In the meantime, I have the Kindle edition.

It's another example of the Kobo folks not tending to the details -- like their ePub font problem and very inadequate quick start instructions for new purchasers. They have a pretty nice basic device for the price -- but details matter. Ultimately execution matters with all new products.

Anyway, as soon as I am through reading a Sue Grafton mystery I borrowed online from the library, I'll dip into the Sheldon.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:28 PM   #9
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
Just to follow up on the "free at Kobo" edition of Rage of Angels. It's not my account or credit cards; I successfully purchased something else yesterday really as a sort of test. It's that silly "minus one cent" that prevents the sale. I have informed their helpline. In the meantime, I have the Kindle edition.

It's another example of the Kobo folks not tending to the details -- like their ePub font problem and very inadequate quick start instructions for new purchasers. They have a pretty nice basic device for the price -- but details matter. Ultimately execution matters with all new products.

Anyway, as soon as I am through reading a Sue Grafton mystery I borrowed online from the library, I'll dip into the Sheldon.
Ah, negative charges are probably an issue. Then again, when B&N hit my account for just over 60 one-penny charges in a day, it didn't work well, either (they got refused, not that B&N cared, as they insisted these were free books, and the credit card was suspended, which was an issue - had to try twice to get it fixed; at least now it ignores the silly penny charges B&N still hits it with).