Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-07-2011, 11:15 PM   #76
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
That could be true, but there's no evidence yet one way or another. Yes, the river will be diverted in a new direction, but the dust it kicks up could turn out to be the same old dust as always. We've actually seen that happen quite recently.

Like KevinH says, don't wait until the last minute. Clean up your dust immediately. And if new, future dust proves overly vacuum resistant... then consider moving to a new home (with older, more vacuumable dust)... but with all of your old belongings safely in tow.
My existing house is spotless - not a sign of dust anywhere. I'm just hoping that one day I don't pick up an artefact from the riverbank that is covered in any new dust - rendering it useless. In the meantime, my vacuum cleaner is working perfectly and thanks to all those who invented it and keep it in such pristine condition.
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:36 AM   #77
rdfry
loving the books
rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted Nook, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy Note 5, 2 Fire 7s Note 8
I was so confident after reading that my 4.8 vacuum was still able to pickup dust from the newest version of K4PC that I threw the old dusty version in the trash.
rdfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2011, 10:07 AM   #78
ClairePMR
Groupie
ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Color, Kindle, EB1150, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Surface Pro 2017
Thank you ever so much! Karma to you!
ClairePMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:39 AM   #79
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (sometimes iPad Mini).
Sorry, I haven't been following this (very entertaining) thread. Just to be clear. Does the newest version of the vacuum cleaner fully clean all of the dust and lint from recently acquired K4PC carpets?
MSWallack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:44 AM   #80
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSWallack View Post
Sorry, I haven't been following this (very entertaining) thread. Just to be clear. Does the newest version of the vacuum cleaner fully clean all of the dust and lint from recently acquired K4PC carpets?
Yes, it does.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2011, 11:02 AM   #81
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Does anyone know what changes K4PC 1.8.1 has over 1.8.0. I'm still on 1.8.0.

Thanks,
Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:39 PM   #82
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Does anyone know what changes K4PC 1.8.1 has over 1.8.0. I'm still on 1.8.0.

Thanks,
Carol
I'm not entirely sure. The multiple dictionary (for alternate languages) support comes to mind, but I could be wrong, though.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 03:03 PM   #83
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
IIRC it was more of a bug fix than a feature fix. IAC, current vacuum works fine with cleaning up the critters.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:58 PM   #84
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
I've got to set aside about four hours to sit down and go through this thread to make sure I know what I want !
I've been enjoying it so much I've kind of let the subject drift out of me brain a bit....
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:33 AM   #85
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I'm not entirely sure. The multiple dictionary (for alternate languages) support comes to mind, but I could be wrong, though.
Thanks. If you upgraded to 1.8.1 I guess it's safe to do so.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:36 PM   #86
spacebrew
Enthusiast
spacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-T1, PRS-350, Droid X2
I've just read this whole thread and couldn't find the exact question I've been wanting to ask. And I can't find an instruction manual for the vacuum that answers it. What I'm wondering is if I can convert from one type of dust to another. Or does this vacuum only remove dust as you're putting the dusty object onto something?

I'd like to convert to a different type, removing the dust in the process.
spacebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:43 PM   #87
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacebrew View Post
I've just read this whole thread and couldn't find the exact question I've been wanting to ask. And I can't find an instruction manual for the vacuum that answers it. What I'm wondering is if I can convert from one type of dust to another. Or does this vacuum only remove dust as you're putting the dusty object onto something?

I'd like to convert to a different type, removing the dust in the process.
You must first dust your object, and then you may convert it into any other kind object you wish, confident that it won't get dusty again.

Of course, the place where you obtained your cleaner is also an excellent place to ask questions of a more explicit nature.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:05 PM   #88
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (sometimes iPad Mini).
Calibre is very good for changing dust to lint or lint to dust. It can even help you keep track of all of the dust that you've cleaned.
MSWallack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:48 PM   #89
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Calibre doesn't technically play a part in the dust removal/cleaning process at all. The 4.8v Alf Dustbuster just happens to have a calibre attachment, is all. A third-party, non-calibre-supported attachment, to be exact. The distinction is nit-picky, but important.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 11-09-2011 at 04:53 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:04 PM   #90
DJHARKAVY
Addict
DJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Blackberry, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
You must first dust your object, and then you may convert it into any other kind object you wish, confident that it won't get dusty again.

Of course, the place where you obtained your cleaner is also an excellent place to ask questions of a more explicit nature.
Modifying the object is easy if you are the right calibre of user.
DJHARKAVY is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drm removal