Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-13-2007, 10:40 AM   #1
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
"Read an E-book Week 2007" event, this March

Mark your calendars, and prepare to be a part of history, culture, and literature... March 4-10 2007 is Read an E-book Week, and it's a year not to be missed! This year, I am joining award-winning author Rita Toews in supporting and promoting Read an E-book Week 2007.

As I've worked on this project, even I have been surprised by the number of e-book authors and e-book sellers out there, available to even a cursory search. I've passed the word on to over 300 sites myself, and there are hundreds more out there. Not bad for a format that many people don't believe will ever make it beside books, or don't even know about!

The e-book is already following the path that the paperback book blazed a century ago, from lowly and illegitimate roots, to a place of respect beside hardback books. And during Read an E-book Week, we’re going to help it along by encouraging e-book readers, authors and publishers to pitch in. Please visit http://www.domokos.com/readebookweek.html to find out more about Read an E-book Week, including background on the e-book revolution, planned activities in 2007, and tips from Rita and me on things you can do to support e-books!

(Rita Toews created Read an E-book Week in 2002. She has written and co-authored award-winning children’s books, crime novels and historical dramas, available through www.domokos.com.)
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 12:19 PM   #2
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
OK! I'm restarting the evangelism machine and sending the link to everyone in my email data bank. Suggesting everyone does so!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2007, 04:44 AM   #3
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Steve earns a lot of respect for being one of today's few authors who embrace the e-book movement.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 10:08 AM   #4
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, TadW! And thanks to Mobileread, for putting this one on their front page for us!

This would probably be a good place to mention, that Rita created REBW to coincide with EPICon, the yearly convention of The Electronically Published Internet Connection, being held March 8-11 in Virginia Beach this year. I'm still trying to figure out a way to go myself, though it doesn't look like it's in the cards for me this year.

Last edited by Steven Lyle Jordan; 02-14-2007 at 10:55 AM. Reason: New Information: EPICon
Old 02-15-2007, 07:36 AM   #5
mdbenoit
Enthusiast
mdbenoit began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Zire 71
I'll also be hosting events on my blog, as well as on the Mad Ten Blog, It's a mad, mad, world. Also at my instigation, my publisher, Zumaya Publications, will have special sales (buy one, get one free) of our ebooks, especially those authors who have series.
mdbenoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2007, 02:16 PM   #6
Domokos
Rita Y. Toews
Domokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it is

Device: Sony and Hiebook
Anyone planning a Read An E-Book Event should contact me and I'll add you to the Supporter page of the site.

Rita Y. Toews
r.toews@shaw.ca
Domokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 01:31 PM   #7
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Here's an update: I will be adding to the promotion of REBW (I can't help it, I write it so often that I've started abbreviating it everywhere!) with sales on my site.

From March 4-10, I will be offering my novels at a $1usd discount... that's $1.50 each, all week!

Also, will post a new short story, available for free! The story, The First Expedition, is a story that follows up on a character that appears in the first chapter of The Onuissance Cells. I wrote the story exclusively for the digiReader website's forum members, but when the site evolved to become the iBme network, they released the rights of the story back to me. And as of March 4, it will be yours for free, in the usual multiple formats, and NO DRM (because... well, it's me!).

Enjoy!

Last edited by Steven Lyle Jordan; 02-27-2007 at 01:35 PM.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:57 PM   #8
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Now that REBW 2007 is history, I would like to be the first to congratulate creator of REBW Rita Toews, and her partner Alex Domokos, for winning this year's Eppie Award with their historical fiction novel The Centurion. Rita and Alex are inspirations to us all! (And while you're at the Eppies site, check out the other award winners.)