Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-11-2008, 06:49 PM   #1
DHer
Addict
DHer doesn't litterDHer doesn't litter

Device: iliad
hacking the screen refresh cycle

I've been using my Iliad quite regularly now for the last nearly years (but not taking part here in the dev corner, sorry guys), but the screen is starting to have issues.

There are two of those defect lines showing a significantly brighter white than the rest of the screen. I'd guess that the screen is getting "slower", i.e. the refresh cycle doesn't manage to reach the white level once possible. Another indicator is significant ghosting when deleting lines I've drawn.

Did anyone of you fiddle with the voltage/timing parameters - and if you did, could you please give me some pointers where to get started?

As far as I know, they are in one of the proprietary blobs, so not so easy to reach.

Thanks for your help.
DHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 10:46 AM   #2
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
iRex usually recommends that you don't mess around with the waveforms on the device. They say that you can destroy the screen if you don't know what you're doing.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2008, 03:07 PM   #3
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Shaggy's correct. The waveform is in a part of flash not accessible by the file system.

I have had luck a while back using a waveform from an earlier software release, and starting the display manager with the option to use that. However, it's binary as well, so therefore I would have no idea how to modify it.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote