firefoxxy
Zealot
firefoxxy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
@firefoxxy and @tykobrian,

It's working fine for me.

Make sure that you have the 'Update Calibre cover from ebook' option turned on.
Hi again,

thank you for your quick reply. I still only get the covers to show up inside of the ebook.

Has this perhaps something to do with the options on the generate cover tab? There are three checkboxes and I have none of them activated.

Should I only choose the option for the cover in the personal.ini OR in the general tab (both are set to allow covers)?

Thanks again in advance for any hints.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:09 PM   #2447
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
When setting bool custom columns, look for t/true/yes/y/1 and f/false/no/n/0 in any case and set true and false accordingly.

UPDATE Feb 24, 2014 - Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 02-24-2014 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Advert
Old 02-22-2014, 10:00 PM   #2448
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This test version is a bit more 'test' than usual.

It implements a feature to count how many ffnet stories you're trying to download and adjusts the sleep time between requests higher for more and lower for less from a couple seconds with just 1 to a max of 5 seconds with 10 or more.

The default sleep time for the background processing remains 5 seconds between requests.

This feature is about reducing the 'Fetching metadata' step for people doing small numbers of downloads.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 02-24-2014 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 02-23-2014, 10:50 AM   #2449
FaceDeer
Connoisseur
FaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Touch
Neat, I'll try this out. But I've set my ff.net sleep time to 30 seconds by default anyway, since I don't generally care how long it takes to download stuff - I set it running when I'm about to go do something away from the computer, and it's done when I get back. Will this override that?
Old 02-23-2014, 11:03 AM   #2450
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Yes, for the initial meta data collection. Not for the background processing.

This is a first stab at it, if it works it will be smarter in future.
Advert
Old 02-23-2014, 04:46 PM   #2451
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Attached is another test version where the reduction in metadata fetch sleep is configurable. Keep in mind that this applies only to fanfiction.net downloads.

Code:
[www.fanfiction.net]

## fanfiction.net is blocking people more aggressively.  If you
## download fewer stories less often you can likely get by with
## reducing this sleep.
slow_down_sleep_time:4

## ffnet is sensitive to too many hits.  Users are sensitive to long
## waits during the initial metadata collection in the foreground.
## When used, these settings will speed up metadata downloads in the
## foreground linearly.
tweak_fg_sleep:true
min_fg_sleep:1.0
max_fg_sleep:4.0
max_fg_sleep_at_downloads: 10

Last edited by JimmXinu; 02-24-2014 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 02-24-2014, 10:24 PM   #2452
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.8.12 - 24 Feb 2014
  • Fixes for FimFiction change, thanks FaceDeer.
  • Set Boolean custom columns from custom_columns_settings, looking for true/t/yes/y/1 vs false/f/no/n/0.
  • Add a feature to reduce sleep between ffnet requests in initial metadata collection for small download sets.
  • Make ffnet look-for-next chapter feature optional and default to off.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:49 AM   #2453
jesterod
Enthusiast
jesterod began at the beginning.

Device: iphone-stanza,kindle pw b01b
i just updated and i get an error when trying to update
Quote:
calibre, version 1.25.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>KeyError</b>:u'site'

calibre 1.25 Portable isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-XP-5.1.2600-SP3 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', 'XP', '5.1.2600')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('XP', '5.1.2600', 'SP3', 'Uniprocessor Free')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin.dialo gs", line 607, in do_loop
File "calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin.dialo gs", line 614, in do_when_finished
File "calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin.ffdl_ plugin", line 699, in update_dialog_finish
File "calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin.ffdl_ plugin", line 722, in prep_downloads
File "calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin.ffdl_ plugin", line 722, in <lambda>
KeyError: u'site'
Old 02-25-2014, 12:54 AM   #2454
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesterod View Post
i just updated and i get an error when trying to update
What were you trying to update?
Old 02-25-2014, 12:55 AM   #2455
jesterod
Enthusiast

i ment i updated the plugin and when i tried to update the stories with it i got that error
Old 02-25-2014, 12:58 AM   #2456
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
i ment i updated the plugin and when i tried to update the stories with it i got that error
What story were you updating that gave the error? If I don't know how the error happened, it's hard to fix.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:59 AM   #2457
jesterod
Enthusiast

317 different stories.... my in-progress list
Old 02-25-2014, 01:02 AM   #2458
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
317 different stories.... my in-progress list
And people wonder why ffnet has started throttling.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:03 AM   #2459
jesterod
Enthusiast

there not all on ff.net alot are on other sites and the addon worked before the update
Old 02-25-2014, 01:13 AM   #2460
jesterod
Enthusiast

i figured it out there's 2 stories in there that had no url and for some reason that messed it up when it didn't before
Closed Thread